17 DIYs to Make Before Summer Is Over
With school kicking off again and temps cooling down a bit, it’s time to accept that summer is on its way out for 2015. We have to say, it’s been a good run for beach trips, BBQ and weekend getaways. Of course, if you’re anything like us, you might not be ready to let go *quite* yet, which is totally cool. The official start of fall is still some time away, and we’re sharing a few of our favorite DIYs for a low-key summer sendoff. Scroll on for 17 ways to have just a little more fun in the sun.
1. Bocce Court: It’s hard to believe that we’ll be complaining about cabin fever in just a few weeks, but it’s true. Spend some time in the rays while you still can with this gorgeous DIY bocce ball set. (via Brit + Co)
2. Tassel Blanket: A cozy blanket is crucial for any event that’ll have you outdoors in the evenings. Make this cute + tasseled option for nights with a little bit of a chill. (via Tell Love and Chocolate)
6. Raspberry Rose Fizz: Rose has been touted as the official flavor/scent of summer 2015, so why not send it off with a bang, or in this case, a fizz? Pair with farmers’ market berries to capture summer in a glass. (via HonestlyYUM)
8. Egg Carton Flower Lights: String lights have been a huge hit on the Pinterest circuit, and these pretty flowers are no exception. These guys earn bonus points for using recycled materials. (via Wonderful DIY)
10. Mini Picnic Tables: You want to keep things relaxed, but not so low-key that you’re eating/drinking off the ground. Put together some mini picnic tables to hold snacks and drinks close by. (via Lovely Indeed)
11. Palm Tree Drink Markers: Sure, fall is all about deciduous trees, but we think palm trees deserve one last shoutout. Add some festive drink markers to your Labor Day cocktails for some instant, glittery charm. (via Brit + Co)
16. Watermelon and Feta Flatbread: Watermelon-feta salad is the sweet and savory combo of summer. Cozy it up by adding it to flatbread as toppings, and give a holla for colder temps making hot food tolerable again. (via Sugar & Cloth)
17. Backgammon: Entertainment for your last summer fling might be in the form of a whip/nae nae dance-off, but for those who prefer activities that aren’t as active, you can totally make your own backgammon board. (via Lovely Indeed)
How will you say sayonara to summer? Tell us about your plans in the comments!