20 Swoon-Worthy Laundry Rooms…Yep, Laundry Rooms
Decorating the laundry room may not exactly have you jumping up and down with excitement, but the truth is, we spend an awful lot of time in that little room, and there is no reason it can’t be a pretty space! Decorating a laundry room is all about creating a comfortable and inviting zone in your home. Think light color schemes, convenient storage and good organization. Check out these gorgeous rooms for some inspiration on how to create a laundry room that will bring a little joy back into your daily routine.
3. Clean Contemporary: Consider updating your appliances; modern washers and driers save on time and energy, giving you more time to do things you actually want to be doing. (via Planning and Building)
5. Black and White: You want the color palette in the laundry room to reflect the style throughout the rest of your house, but also to have a little bit of fun. Creative accents like patterned wallpaper are perfect for hiding scuffed walls. (via Abbott Moon Design)
7. Tiled and Grouted: Ceramic tiles are perfect for laundry rooms because they stand up to wear and tear and are a breeze to clean. They come in a huge range of colors, so you can have fun with the backsplash design. (via Braam’s)
8. Potted Plants: Adding small decor items like plants is perfect for creating a comfortable, stress-free atmosphere. Thanks to the wood paneling and tiled floor, this traditionally styled laundry room has a distinctive European flair. (via Style at Home)
12. Nautical Stripes: You can almost hear the ocean from this coastal-inspired laundry room. The blue appliances are balanced by an all white decor for the perfect amount of beach charm. (via Style at Home)
15. Be Creative: Because there isn’t a lot of counter space to spare, take advantage of your wall space to add decorative touches like bright paint or cute pictures. Think of your storage baskets as decor too and find pieces with color and texture. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. Mud Room Combo: If you’re combining the mud room with the laundry, make use of lots of built-in cabinets to store supplies, pet accessories and seasonal decorations for a room that is now your one-stop shop for getting chores done. (via Rock Paper Hammer)
20. Blue Glam: Talk about a glamorous laundry room. Sleek, minimalistic decor is the ideal complement for bold, blue appliances. Somehow the room looks both modern and vintage at the same time. (via Style Me Pretty)
Did any of these rooms inspire you to start a load of laundry? Let us know in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.