Look no further, lettuce wraps don’t get much better than the 14 recipes rounded up here! Regardless of whether a lettuce cup serves as a lower-carb swap for pita or is simply the traditional way to serve up a dish — as is the case with Thai larb — it certainly doesn’t sacrifice anything in the satisfaction department. We can’t wait to wrap ’em up for lunch, dinner or as a unique twist on the traditional salad course.
2. Fish Tacos With Salsa Verde in Lettuce Wraps: You can feel good about digging into these fryer-free fish tacos made sans tortilla. Though, it’s probably a good idea to double or triple the homemade salsa for a little chip-and-dip action. (via Cooks With Cocktails)
4. Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Keep your fingers clean while enjoying all the fantastic flavors of your favorite Buffalo wings. We won’t miss the bones or inevitable pile of napkins one bit. (via Ella Claire)
5. Pineapple + Chicken Skewer Lettuce Wraps With Coconut Peanut Sauce: Just as fun to make as they are to eat, it’s easy to enjoy these lettuce wraps all year long as an appetizer or main course. (via Brit + Co)
6. Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Chicken lettuce wraps get some south-of-the-border flair courtesy of canned chipotles in adobo sauce. Sweet corn and red bell pepper along with green onions add eye-catching color and great texture. (via Bev Cooks)
8. Prawn and Avocado Lettuce Wraps: Creamy sliced avocado and sweet prawns come together in these fresh wraps sprinkled with a mix of bright herbs and drizzled with nuoc cham — a mix of lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, chili pepper, garlic and water. Chopped radish punctuates each bite with a welcome crisp, peppery flavor. (via Feasting at Home)
9. Southwest Sweet Potato Lettuce Wraps: Matchsticks of sweet potato are seasoned up and quickly sautéed to form the base of these tasty wraps; corn, black beans, tomato and a sour cream-avocado sauce bring it on home. (via Lemons and Basil)
11. Mu Shu Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Skipping the usual steamed pancakes makes these flavor-packed wraps even easier to make, and means that you’re only a few quick subs away from a totally gluten-free dish. (via Prevention RD)
12. Lettuce Wraps With Black Beans, Spring Onion + Pea Pesto: We’re huge fans of hot sauce around these parts, so you know our mouths are already watering just thinking about the homemade riff on Sriracha drizzled atop these babies. (via What’s Cooking Good Looking)
13. Healthier Hot Dogs: Using a leaf of lettuce in place of a bun is enough to make your next your frankfurter healthier, but the swap also allows you more space to play with — load it up with all sort of wholesome toppings, from grilled veggies to sauerkraut and more! (via In Sonnet’s Kitchen)
14. P.F. Chang’s-inspired Chicken Endive Wraps (Gluten-free): Serve up these restaurant-inspired wraps in lettuce or endive leaves — it all depends on whether you prefer a full-size or two-bite appetizer experience. (via A Sage Amalgam)
What do you like to stuff inside your lettuce wraps? Let us know in the comments below!