12 Tasty Wrap Recipes for a Quick and Easy Dinner
Eating healthy on the go is always a struggle. It’s tempting to swing through the drive-thru to pick up a fast food favorite (and you never seem to have time to make your favorite restaurant burgers at home). And there are tons of healthy meals you could whip up at home, but dishes like spiralized noodles and veggie-filled mac and cheese are hard to eat when you’re in a hurry. Wraps, from burritos to gyros, solve this problem, helping you to get in some serious nutrition even when you’re rushing around town. These 12 fresh and tasty wraps will be your go-to for dinner on busy nights.
2. Spicy Tuna Avocado Wrap: If you haven’t got time for takeout, this spicy tuna avocado wrap is just the ticket. It’s loaded with veggies and protein to keep you going even on the busiest days. (via Eat Yourself Skinny)
3. Lamb Meatball Pitas With Mint Tzatziki: Juicy, golden-brown lamb meatballs are a pleasant departure from beef. Pair them with French fries and mint tzatziki sauce for a satisfying meal. (via Little Kitchen Big World)
4. Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wraps: Tangy balsamic vinegar livens up bland chicken in this recipe. Add some goat cheese, dried cranberries, and fresh veggies for a refreshing dinner. (via Dinner Then Dessert)
5. Healthy Beef Burrito Wraps: These burritos are all about the beef. Lighter in carbs than your standard stuffed-to-the-brim version, they focus on lean meat, fresh pico de gallo, and just enough beans and rice to hold things together. (via Berries and Spice)
6. Cheese and Potato Wraps: Known as aloo cheese frankie, these wraps are inspired by a popular Indian street food. A bright and tangy vegetable slaw keeps the creamy potato and cheese mixture from getting too heavy. (via Aromatic Essence)
7. Avocado Egg Salad Roll Ups: Put a heart-healthy twist on egg salad by swapping out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt and mashed avocado. It’s as creamy as the classic, but you’re getting added nutrients and protein. (via OMG Chocolate Desserts)
8. Bacon Ranch Turkey Wraps: Classic turkey wraps are a lot more interesting when stuffed with more than iceberg lettuce and tomato. Here, the deli meat is accentuated by smokey bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, and creamy ranch dressing. (via Zen & Spice)
9. Asian Collard Wraps With Peanut Sauce: Collard greens are stuffed with fresh veggies, tofu, and rice in these wraps. A creamy, slightly sweet peanut sauce keeps them from tasting too much like rabbit food. (via Well Vegan)
10. Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Gyros: Fast and fresh dinners don’t get easier than these gyros. Slow cooked chicken simmers all day while you’re at work, so all you have to do is add it, some veggies, and a slather of tzatziki sauce into a pita when you’re ready to eat. (via The Seasoned Mom)
11. Middle Eastern Cauliflower Wraps: Spiced cauliflower and chickpeas make a hearty filling for these wraps. They’re topped with a cooling, creamy garlic and yogurt sauce for a final flourish. (via The Spice at Home)
12. Chicken and Avocado Burritos: Cassava tortillas are the secret ingredient to these gluten-free burritos. Creamy avocados and grilled chicken make them an ultra-satisfying, healthy meal. (via Downshiftology)
For more easy, healthy dinner ideas, follow us on Pinterest.