If you’re like us, you try to be carb-conscious and eat healthy in between slices of outrageous layer cakes. To help out, we’ve gathered some low-carb lunch recipes that definitely earn the #NotSadDeskLunch hashtag. In the mood for a sandwich? Whip up a batch of cauliflower protein bread and get creative! These 14 recipes are sure to perk up your midday meal.
1. Grilled Sirloin Salad With Fresh Herbs and Thai Dressing: This brightly flavored, spicy steak salad makes for a hearty, healthy meal. (via Three Beans on a String)
2. Classic Cobb Salad: Enjoy this filling, topping-heavy salad for lunch and you certainly won’t be hungry until dinner. (via Smitten Kitchen)
3. Easy Fusion Nori Veggie Wraps: Hummus and veggies are stuffed into these tasty, low-carb wraps. Feel free to get creative with your filling selections! (via Produce on Parade)
4. Smokey Grilled Chicken With Zucchini Ramen Noodles: Zucchini “noodles” form the base of this flavorful bowl of goodness. (via Three Beans on a String)
5. Spaghetti Squash Pasta: With three distinct sauce options to choose from — tomato, arugula pesto and lemon ricotta — lunchtime will be anything but boring. (via Brit + Co)
6. Spring Roll Zucchini Noodle Bowls: Fresh spring rolls are deconstructed and served salad-style — no need to fuss with rice paper wraps! (via Food Faith Fitness)
7. Beanless Beef Chili: This slow cooker chili is a terrific make-ahead meal that’s sure to keep you warm inside. (via Food Network)
8. Asian Chopped Salad: Dates add a touch of sweet flavor to the citrusy dressing for this raw salad sprinkled with crunchy cashews. (via The Raw Chef)
9. BLT Lettuce Wraps: Make these BLTs more substantial by adding a few slices of your favorite lunchmeat. (via Jackie’s Happy Plate)
10. Kale Salad With Grilled Stone Fruit, Prosciutto and Feta: Bring this salad to work and you’re sure to be the envy of the whole lunchroom! (via Food52)
11. Cauliflower Pizza Crust: You can’t go wrong packing a few leftover slices of this pizza in your lunch pail… if there are leftovers :) (via The Vintage Mixer)
12. Laab Moo: It may take some time to gather everything you need to make this Thai pork salad, but once you’re squared away ingredients-wise it cooks up in mere minutes! (via Things We Make)
13. Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups: This one may be a bit retro as far as low-carb recipes go, but that doesn’t mean you should pass it up. Pick up some vine-ripened tomatoes at the farmers market and enjoy. (via Yammie’s Noshery)
14. Cauliflower Quiche Cups: Pack a few of these quiche cups in your lunchbox to channel the goodness of weekend brunch at work. (via Brit + Co)
Have you made anything especially good for lunch lately? Share with us on Instagram or in the comments below!