3-Ingredient Chicken Pineapple Skewers To Make Game Day Prep Even Easier
The Big Game is coming up! Do you know what you’re going to serve? Well if not, we suggest you make our super easy Three-Ingredient Pineapple and Chicken Skewers! Low cal and healthy as well, these skewers are sure to please your guests. Want to add a little more flair? We’ve also included Lettuce Wrap and coconut peanut sauce recipes that are sure to be a winning combo!
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 can Del Monte Pineapple Chunks (15.5oz can)
- Optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- butter or bibb lettuce
- sliced red bell peppers
- crushed peanuts
- coconut peanut sauce (recipe below)
Coconut Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 can light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Now let's dig in!
- Gather your skewer ingredients and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin by slicing your chicken lengthwise and crosswise into 2-inch chunks.
- Transfer your chicken to a bowl and add the teriyaki sauce. Let marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain your pineapple chunks and place in a bowl.
- Time to skewer the chicken and pineapple chunks! We alternated meat and pineapple but you can create your own combo.
- Lightly grease a pan with rimmed sides and place the skewers inside. Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. You may need more or less time depending on the size of your chicken chunks.
Voila! You're done. We sprinkled our skewers with some sesame seeds for a little something extra but it's totally optional! Another fun extra is the Coconut Peanut Sauce. Just mix all of the ingredients together and you're done.
Now, like we said, these skewers are perfect all on their own but if you want to make them into a complete meal, these healthy and delicious lettuce wraps are a great option. Start by adding sliced red bell peppers and the cooked chicken and pineapple from the skewers to a lettuce leaf. Then top with Coconut Peanut Sauce, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
And there you have it! The perfect game day snack! Show us how your game day spread by tagging us in your posts on Instagram @BritandCo. Check out our camping foods recipe roundup for more inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.