While it might be easy to grab a big ol’ jar of pre-made salsa from the chips aisle at the grocery store, we all know it doesn’t quite taste the same as a flavorful and fresh homemade salsa. From diced tomatoes with fresh fruit to spicy peppers and vodka (yes, vodka!), the sky is the limit with from-scratch salsa. This summer, toss the canned brand aside and kick it up a notch with these 15 creative salsa recipes.
3. Roasted Tomatillo Salsa: If you’re hitting the farmers’ market this week, be sure to keep your eyes out for fresh tomatillos. This salsa is easy to spice up or make mild depending on your taste. (via Munchin With Munchkin)
4. Cilantro Peach Salsa: Peaches are everywhere during the summer months, meaning there’s no time like the present to take advantage of original stone-fruit-starring salsas like this one. (via I Am Baker)
5. Avocado Corn Salsa: A twist on pre-made salsa takes hardly any time to pull together. It’s ideal for a last-minute get-together when you’re short on preparation time but still want to impress. (via Betty Crocker)
7. Texas Caviar: The name caught our attention, and the recipe won us over. Nom on this with tortilla chips, stuff it in a burrito or eat it like a salad. Whatever way you dice it, you’ll be in rice and bean heaven. (via A Nutritionist Eats)
9. Warm Butternut Squash and Black Bean Salsa: We know, you’re used to seeing butternut squash in the fall. But if you’re up to slicing your own squash in the off-season, this warm dipping salsa would make a killer appetizer. (via Better Recipes)
11. So-Simple Salsa Dip: Holy moly. Does this look like something out of a 1950s party or what? It’s an uber cheesy take on classic salsa. We see ourselves eating way more than one serving size of this. (via Betty Crocker)
Which of these delicious alternatives to store-bought salsa are you ready to whip up? What’s your favorite dip for chips? Let us know in the comments below.