9 Lip Colors That Transition Beautifully from Summer to Fall
Contrary to what you may think, there really are very few rules in beauty. So while it may be time to cue up all the tips about swapping out your makeup from summer to fall, that doesn’t necessarily mean a full-on overhaul of every product you own. You may have finally found a new favorite lippie for summer — so why ditch it just because the season is winding down? If you’re still on the hunt for something fresh to add to your lip lineup, grab one of these colors that will work just as well for lounging poolside as it will for a day of apple picking.
1. Stila Shimmer Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso Shimmer ($22): This beloved shade of red that (as the name suggests) stays put all day comes in a sparkly finish that will shimmer from summer straight through the holidays.
2. Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in Uh-Huh Honey ($28): It looks bronzy in the tubes but glides on like a subtly sparkly nude gloss that works across all skin tones.
3. Urban Decay LO-FI Lip Mousse in Frequency ($22): Prepare to have popsicle lips well beyond pool season. Dab the spongy texture on with your finger for a buildable flush of color.
4. Laneige Two Tone Lipstick in Burgundy Love ($27): Deep plums aren’t reserved only for fall and winter. The rosy pink center on this ombré lippie softens up the richness of the wine-toned outer shade.
5. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Perfect Peach ($6): Although coral screams summer, try one with a bit more pink than orange to it, if you want to wear it into a new season.
6. Undone Beauty 3-in-1 Lip & Cheek Cream in Berry ($6.50): There are no seasonal limitations to a vibrant pink cream that you can use on your lips, cheeks, and pretty much anywhere you need a pop of color.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in Sedona ($18): A warm terra-cotta shade can read like a coral in the summer but blend into the fall foliage come autumn.
8. Catrice Cosmetics Pure Pigments Lip Lacquer ($8): If you’re into bold lip colors, think of a vibrant plum as your new year-round neutral.
9. Lipstick Queen Method in the Madness Lipstick in Peculiar Pink ($25): The marbleized finish looks like a creamy scoop of chocolate ice cream in the summer or like a warm cup of hot cocoa when it’s cold outside. No matter what the season, this rich brown is a nude that won’t look dated.
Do you have a favorite lip color of the season? Share it with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.