Lip Scrubs Help Makeup Go on Smoother, Last Longer
We know the importance of body and face exfoliation, so why do we tend to neglect our lips? Lip exfoliation is just as important, and for the same reasons. We need to exfoliate the dead layers of skin on our lips to encourage new skin growth and to maintain smooth and supple lips. The good news is, you don’t have to spend a lot of time or money on lip scrubs. It’s a fun and easy DIY. Just like all other body scrubs, lip scrub requires a gritty ingredient that will exfoliate the surface layers of your lips. The only difference is, it has to be safe if ingested so we want food-grade ingredients, found in your pantry. Say goodbye to chapped lips with these 25 easy DIY lip scrubs.
There are advantages to using lip scrub regularly.
- Removing dead skin encourages new layers of skin that are soft, smooth and kissable.
- Exfoliation promotes a smooth surface for the application of cosmetics, so your lipsticks, lip liners and lip glosses will look better and last longer.
- Your lips will retain moisture longer; helping to prevent cracked lips.
- If you’ll scrub your lips regularly, chapstick also goes on smoother, covers better and lasts longer.
- Lip scrubs made with food-grade ingredients are sweet and great-tasting.
You will want to use your lip scrub at least once a week, or twice during winter months. That’s doable, as it only takes a few minutes. Add it to your morning or evening routine, after brushing your teeth.
If you aren’t in the mood to make your own lip scrub, products are available in cosmetics shops and drugstores.
Got a DIY lip scrub that you just love? Tag us on Instagram @britandco. Come on — you know you want to!