13 Recipes to Celebrate National Seafood Month
October is much more than an abundance of PSLs and Halloween goodies. October brings us National Seafood Month to give folks an opportunity to think about sustainable options, and of course the health benefits of a seafood dinner. Here, 13 versatile recipes to help you dish fish throughout the cooler months.
1. Thai Fish Cakes: This recipe puts those white fish fillets kickin’ around in your freezer to good use by grinding them into a paste for succulent Thai fish cakes; don’t forget the sweet chili sauce for dippin’. (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
2. Pan-Fried Haddock Mediterranean Style: Light in flavor, haddock gets pan fried along with juicy tomatoes, garlicky olives, capers, and a refreshing splash of white wine to bring you an exquisite 20-minute weeknight dinner. (via Innocent Delight)
4. Lemon Butter Sea Scallops:Scallops are so delicate and delicious, they rarely need much primping, which is why pan-searing them in a simple lemon butter sauce with garlic and fresh parsley is perfection. (via Pip and Debby)
5. Saffron Pasta With Clams and Sausage: This isn’t your average clam pasta; this recipe brings sausage and fresh saffron-infused pasta to the pan. Fancy. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
6. Slow-Roasted Curry Salmon: A 20-minute dinner is something we all covet throughout the week, and this lip-smacking curried salmon is the perfect recipe to have up your sleeve. (via Jessi’s Kitchen)
7. Crispy Baked Fish Sticks: Ditch the box of fish sticks from the frozen food section, because these babies are healthier, crispier, and WAY tastier. (via Grandbaby Cakes)
8. Cajun Shrimp Toast: Whoever said seafood and cheese don’t go together obviously never bit into a golden crisp toast topped with juicy (and sustainable!) Cajun-spiced shrimp, Parmesan, and lotsa mozza! (via Damn Delicious)
9. Creamy Clam Chowder: A big, steamy bowl of soup is a cold weather staple, and a rich clam chowder is the perfect way to treat yourself to the belly-warming goodness. (via Eazy Peazy Mealz)
10. Asian Seafood Pizza: Get hooked on this thin-crusted ‘za adorned with shrimp, crab, peppers, onions, and pineapple. There’s even a punchy wasabi honey mayo sauce involved. (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
11. Baked Cod With Crab and Herb Crust: If you love fish enough to want to top your seafood with *more* seafood, this flaky baked cod with an herbaceous crab crust will be your new favorite thing. (via White Plate Blank Slate)
12. Aromatic Skillet Trout With Onions and Whole Peppercorns: Meaty trout is bathed in tomatoes, wine, and peppercorns for a bomb dinner that is nutritious and delicious. (via Where Is My Spoon)
13. Baked Tandoori Fish: Smothered with a homespun tandoori paste, this oven-baked fish pairs well with the tangy tomato and onion salad. (via Nish Kitchen)
For more scrumptious seafood recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)