As far as we’re concerned, capers are absolutely non-negotiable when it comes to a toasted bagel with smoked lox and cream cheese. In fact, the more, the better. And while we know they taste good with salmon and other fish, it doesn’t mean we can’t use them in a spread for crusty bread. It’s actually the opposite. The salty pearl-sized plant buds pair with different protein and even vegetarian-friendly options too. Read on for 11 craveable caper recipes that will give that lone jar on the top shelf of your fridge a whole new purpose.
1. Pasta With Garlic Butter Caper Sauce: Fork into delicious simplicity in just one plate that’s prepared in less than 30 minutes. The burst of saltiness from the capers is a nice bonus too. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
3. Roasted New Potato, Lentil, and Kale Salad With Lemon Caper Dressing: This is a hearty salad that we are so here for. (via Happy Hearted Kitchen)
5. Chilled Salmon Salad: Cool down with this simple salmon salad that is as flavorful as it is beautiful. Celery stalks and red onions give it a nice crunch, while the capers and lemon zest contrast. (via Simply Recipes)
6. Fettucine With Capers, Pine Nuts, And Yogurt Sauce: Pasta might be known as comfort food, but with gluten-free noodles and a dollop of Greek yogurt, it’s easy to make a healthier version. (via Cotter Crunch)
7. Lemon Caper Artichoke Chicken Piccata: Looking for a meal that is a burst of flavor and whips up in just 15 minutes? Grab your skillet, because those chicken breasts are going to get a lemony and zesty coating that you’re going to absolutely love. (via Two Purple Figs)
8. Lemon-Caper Cauliflower Steaks With Creamy Horseradish Sauce: Cauliflower *seriously* does it all. This zesty and spicy recipe can be served as a side dish or an entrée for one of those days that you just can’t bare to cook. (via Blissful Basil)
10. Tilapia With Lemon Caper Sauce: You simply can’t go wrong with this meal, because it’s light, fresh, and super filling. The sauce doused over the tilapia does double duty, acting as salad dressing for the bed of quinoa. (via Simply Scratch)
11. Cheesy Pasta With Tomatoes and Capers: Put that summer produce to good use and toss all the tomatoes into your pasta bowl. Cheese and capers hold the dish together for an unforgettable flavor combination. (via Lavender and Macarons)
For more craveable caper recipes, follow us on Pinterest!