For the past year or so, the Danish notion of hygge has become more and more a part of our American lives — and we couldn’t be happier about it. If you’re unfamiliar with the term, there’s no one direct translation in English, but the idea encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment through enjoying the simple things in life (like, say, a cup of cocoa by the fireplace on a cold night).
The comfortable, simple life is appealing more and more to us that here, across the pond, stores, brands, and bloggers are all latching onto the concept (just scroll through the #hygge hashtag on Instagram for proof), and loungewear is the latest genre to reflect the trend. Scroll on for eight ways to get your hygge lounge on below.
1. ThirdLove Organic Cotton Jogger Set ($118): You already know this brand for the bras that give you “the perfect fit.” Well, now they’re doing you one better and adding snuggly separates to the mix. Yes. Honey.
2. American Giant Waffle Henley ($79): Quality clothing made in the USA? We’re here for that! Sipping tea with a book in this comfy top? Oh, we’re here for that too.
3. Aerie Plush Jogger ($30): Yes, we want to laze around the house in these. We also kind of want to wear them with a slouchy knit and heels.
4. Good American Good Sweats The Cold Shoulder Sweatshirt ($110): Is this the perfect stay-at-home date night top? Um, we think so.
5. Eberjey Cozy Time Leggings ($72): We are all about that legging life, especially when it means wearing this sweet pair made of sweatpants material.
7. KOTN The Turtle Neck Tunic ($120): Stay in or go out; either way, the snuggle is real.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.