A low hairstyle is one of the easiest hair trends to rock when the temps start to rise. With standouts like the banana bun, going low has never been so high in style. They work on hair of all different textures and cuts — meaning you’re not S.O.L. if you just got a springtime chop. Here are 12 low hairstyles that are cool-girl-approved when the weather turns warm.
1. Low Braid: The low, messy braid is one of our all-time fave “Woke Up Like This” styles. Its perfectly imperfect, unkempt look is the chic-est way to show that you’re too cool to care.
2. Sleek Low Bun: Rocking a fresh summer-ready short ‘do? No prob. No haircut is too short — and no bun is too tiny — to make this center-parted, low bun werk.
3. Undone Low Pony: Talk about pastel pink perfection! This trendy pony is also easy to hack: Sweep back your strands — save for a couple face-framers — and select the statement-making hair tie of your choice at the base of your neck.
4. Undone Low Bun: We can’t help but admire the je-ne-sais-quoi of this French-girl-approved, undone low bun. It’s the very vision of effortless cool.
5. Side-Parted Braided Bun: This ‘do is a favorite of street-style stars because it looks laid back, yet put together. Throw in a simple braid and a deep side part and you’ve got a look that’s trend-right and tidy.
6. Sleek Low Pony: This sophisticated low pony masters the day-to-night transition in our book. Reach for a metallic hair wrap at the base of your neck for a minimalist accessory to top off a smooth style.
7. Messy Low Pony With Ribbon: Combining the black ribbon runway trend with the messy low-pony uses high fashion flair to take the look to the next level. The bow at the base of her voluminous ponytail brings a little bit of romance — and a whole lotta glam — to this casual-turned-glam style.
8. Braided Low Bun With Black Ribbon: This braided low bun is feminine, romantic, and definitely not uptight, with a black ribbon headband that looks 100 percent darling. Le sigh.
9. Knotted Low Pony: Messy? Yes. Gorgeous? Even more yes! Side step hair ties entirely by trying out a trendy knotted pony.
10. Braided Boho Low Bun: There is a lot to love in this surprisingly simple style — from its loose, boho braid to its haphazard low-bun. Don’t forget to leave a few face-framing strands to complete the loosely pulled-back look.
11. Messy Low Bun With Lived-In Side Braids: For a touch of sass, we think this mini side-braid is the way to go. It adds edge to a low bun and looks totally on point with a deep side-part.
12. Ombre Low Bun: This insta-classic belongs on every “effortless chic” hairstyle list. It’s just neat enough for your nine-to-five yet just messy enough to add It-girl flair after six.
What’s your favorite way to rock a low hairstyle? Show us on Pinterest!