One of our favorite trends this fall has to be marbled decor and style. There’s something about it that looks so chic. Yes, some of the options out there are a bit staid, but with the addition of a few bright colors you can make a great statement piece. We found 15 ways to buy or DIY the trend for your home. Have you ever tried marbling before? Be sure to tell us in the comments which is your favorite!
1. Marbled Office Supplies: The beauty of this DIY marbling technique is that you can use it on just about any surface. For slick surfaces you’ll have to sand it a bit before dipping it in the ink. (via Design*Sponge)
2. Marbled Latte Mug ($22): we love how the marbled surface of this mug mirrors the marbling of the milk and foam in your morning latte.
3. Nail Polish Marbled Pumpkins: The decorating possibilities of nail polish are endless. (That’s how we justify our ever-growing collection, anyway.) You can make these marbled pumpkins by mixing nail polish and lukewarm water. (via Say Yes to Hoboken)
6. DIY Marbled Glassware: Another nail polish DIY, these glasses are just marbled on the bottom so they shine through while you’re drinking. We think it would be great on vases as well! (via Honestly WTF)
7. Marbled Leather Cat Coasters ($30): Protect your furniture from water rings in style with these simple cat coasters. The fact that they are pink and gold doesn’t hurt either!
9. Marbled Business Cards: We love DIY business cards (especially these scratch off ones!), and this marbled version is perfect in a subtle gray, but it would also be great in a neon pink! (via Design*Sponge)
10. Marbled Clipboard: This simple DIY starts with a plain clipboard and marbled paper. (If you don’t feel like DIYing a sheet of marbled paper, check for options in the scrapbook aisle of your local craft store.) Spraying the hardware gold is an especially nice touch. (via Fabric Paper Glue)
11. Strata Marble Tile Wall Paper ($299): Makeover your whole home with the marbled trend with this wallpaper. It almost creates an optical illusion on your walls.
12. Sea-Flecture Dinnerware ($16-$24): This marbled dinnerware really does remind us of the ocean. It might not be right for everyday use, but they’d make great special occasion dessert plates.
13. Marbled Notebooks ($14 for 3): These mini notebooks are perfect to stash in your purse, on your nightstand, or wherever else you might need to jot a quick note.
14. DIY Marbled Favor Boxes: These sweet favor boxes would be perfect to hold candies, macaroons, or any other little sweet you want to send guests home with. You could also make them into combination favors and place cards. (via Design Mom)
Which of these marbled goods or projects is your favorite? Tell us in the comments or on Twitter!