17 Chic Ways to Style Your Bump for the Office
Your style-maven status might be going strong during the early months of pregnancy, but once you start to show, it can be hard to #dressthebump — especially when it comes to on-duty outfits. But just because you’re now dressing for two doesn’t mean your fashion sensibilities have to go totally out the window. We’ve rounded up 17 chic and super-easy maternity outfits to inspire your work-week wardrobe. Read on to get baby-bump-inspired.
1. Floral Maxi Dress: The ultimate one-and-done look, a pretty floral maxi keeps everything under wraps, while also giving off an effortless yet totally polished vibe. Add on a statement necklace and sleek heels or flats for a pretty and professional finish. (via Cella Jane)
2. Printed Sheath and Bright Blazer: You might be drawn to darker hues when your bump starts to really make itself known to the world, but definitely don’t banish brights and prints to the back of your closet. K&J prove that the two work together seamlessly to create a stunning work-appropriate getup. (via K&J Diaries)
3. Bright Pleated Dress and Pumps: Rachel Parcell takes maternity dressing to the next level with her perfectly pulled-together ensembles that give even the non-expecting among us some serious style envy. We’re loving this crazy colorful dress for spring with vibrant work-ready heels. For a more formal look, you can easily switch out the denim for a tailored jacket or blazer. (via Pink Peonies)
4. Sleeveless Blazer and Separates: Comfy separates come together for a totally modern, minimalist and undeniably stylish effect, but it’s the sleek sleeveless vest that is the real hero piece here. (via @lebrasseacoeur)
5. Wide Leg Trousers and Button-Down Blouse: Being preggo doesn’t have to mean leaving trends behind. Stay on top of your fashion game with wide-leg trousers and a half-tucked button-down shirt in a bold vertical-stripe pattern. (via Cleverly Yours)
6. Leather Pencil Skirt and Boxy Top: A leather pencil skirt? Nope, we’re not joking. And neither is Marie Hinkaer Wolthers — this boxy crop top and leather skirt mix is totally on point. Now that is what we mean when we say #maternitystyle. (via Blame It on Fashion)
7. Bermuda Shorts: When temperatures start to creep up, ditch the pants for a pair of Bermudas and a sharp top. Carefully curated accessories, like a cool chain collar, long drop earrings and a pair of block heels or wedges, will dress up the laid-back look in two seconds flat. (via Sara Stand)
8. Striped Dress and Bright Blazer: Horizontal stripes always seem to end up on pregnancy style “don’t” lists, but we think when they’re worn the right way, they can look pretty freakin’ awesome. Layering a short striped dress under a colorful blazer breaks up the pattern and creates a sort of optical illusion, making your bump blend in rather than stick out. (via Motherhood Closet)
9. Classic Wrap Dress: Wrap dresses are the epitome of working-lady chic, plus they’re incredibly comfortable. And since the waist is adjustable, you’ll be able to wear it post-baby too. (via Style by Alina)
11. Jumpsuit: A jumpsuit is always a good idea. This geometric onesie has plenty of style built right in, making it the perfect piece to throw on when you have 10 minutes to get out the door. (via Love Taza)
12. Classy Kimono and Trousers: A sophisticated kimono is the answer on days when your go-to toppers are leaving you feeling less than fabulous. Layer it over a classic cami and tailored trousers for an office-ready getup. (via My Daily Style)
14. Maxi Shirt Dress: We’re just a tiny bit bummed that Mira Duma finally had her baby, ’cause her maternity style was to die for. This linen maxi shirt dress is light, airy and ready to rock your morning meeting. While she keeps the accessories on the pared-down side, we think a few bold metallic touches at the collar or wrist would take this classic look to the next level. (via The Fashion Spot)
17. Mini Dress and Thigh-Skimming Boots: If you can’t bear to part with some of your favorite dresses despite a hemline that continues to creep mysteriously higher and higher, never fear. Balance out those shorter hemlines with over-the-knee boots to bring the frock back into work-appropriate territory. (via Blame It on Fashion)
What’s your favorite way to dress the bump for the office? Tell us about it in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.