13 Red, White + Blue Memorial Day Party Essentials
Peeps, we’re in the home stretch of spring, and you know what that means: a whole new excuse to have your besties over for a Memorial Day bash. Think: a total red, white and blue get-together. If you’re looking to kick this year’s cookout up a notch (or two or three, TBH), you can’t go wrong with an all-American theme. The flag’s colors are *sure* to add a punch of patriotism to your standard burgers-and-dogs party. Scroll down to check out our favorite ways to amp up your Memorial Day party, America style.
1. DIY Flag Photo Booth Backdrop: There’s no better way to show your love for America than a flag photo booth backdrop. Add red, white and blue fabric to your shopping list, because this must-make will give everyone at the party a reason to snap a few pics. (via Brit + Co)
2. Sprinkled Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches: If you’re looking for a way to sweeten up your cookout, give your classic vanilla ice cream sandwiches a roll in some patriotic sprinkles to make them next-level. Whether you make your sammies or go with the store-bought version (no judgment here), your guests will not be able to resist this yummy dessert. (via Freutcake)
3. Dessert Pizza: And if a batch of ice cream sandwiches isn’t enough, this dessert pizza will *definitely* impress your guests. Use cake mix or cookie dough to make the crust, then top it off with a layer of marshmallow fluff, strawberries and blueberries to keep with that colorful theme. Patriotism has never tasted so good. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Fabric Cozy: Hot summer days call for a nice, cold brewsky. Instead of using your stack of freebies this year, make a set of these fabric cozies that take less than 20 minutes to DIY. Leave a stack next to the beer cooler so your friends can drink in style this Memorial Day. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Star Piñatas: It’s not a 21st century party without a couple of piñatas. Make these red and blue ones using star-shaped boxes and streamers to give your space an extra festive vibe. Fill it with whatever screams ‘Merica and you’ll be good to go. (via Studio DIY)
6. Red Piña Colada: Making sure your cocktails go with your theme is essential to being the hostess with the mostess. Use your favorite piña colada recipe and finish it off with a splash of Seagram’s Escapes to give it an extra hint of flavor and some serious color. You’re going to want to pick up *double* what you think you need, because your besties are going to love this drink. (via The TomKat Studio)
8. American Flag Donuts: Speaking of something yummy to munch on, donuts are never a bad idea. Use colored icing or candy melts to dress ’em up like Uncle Sam, then get ready to have the most amazing Memorial Day dessert in town. (via The First Year)
9. DIY Stars + Stripes Paper Cups: Skip the Solo cups and opt for blue and white paper cups. Use a Cricut or stencil to make star cutouts and stick them on with double-sided tape. Add a striped paper straw for wow factor. (via The TomKat Studio)
10. Printable Photo Booth Props: Make a few photo booth props with downloadable printables. Cut out the shapes and attach them to paper lollipop sticks for a super easy way to give your photo booth some oomph. (via I Heart Naptime)
11. DIY Tie Dye Placemats: Plastic tablecloths and boring placemats are a thing of the past. Use this tutorial to make a set of DIY firework-inspired placemats using everyone’s favorite summer activity: tie dying. Not only are they perfect for your Memorial Day party, but you can also use them all summer long. (via Brit + Co)
12. PaperNCharm Printable Invitation ($10): You can’t throw an epic party without an even more epic invitation. Ditch the group text this time around and opt for this printable invitation that’ll liven up your pals’ mailboxes and get them hyped for the par-tay.
13. Red, White + Blue Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries: Chocolate-dipped strawberries are a crowd fave when it comes to classic party snacks. Head to the farmers’ market to pick up fresh berries, then dip ’em in white chocolate and blue sprinkles to make them perfect for your Memorial Day cookout. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
Are you throwing a Memorial Day bash this year? Follow us on Pinterest for more party inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.