Make This Instagram-Worthy Photo Booth Backdrop for Your 4th of July Party
You guys know we love a good DIY photo backdrop. Heck, we love any and every kind of DIY party decor, but a photo booth really brings something to the fiesta table. Any excuse to take a few too many photos with our pals, right? So we pulled out our trusty wooden dowel one more time for a super easy (and may we say flippin’ adorable) 4th of July flag backdrop. Scroll on to learn how we did it!
— 1 yard light red fabric
— 1 yard dark red fabric
— 1 yard white fabric
— 12 yards white trim
— 2-foot by 1-foot blue fabric
— fabric scissors
— X-Acto knife
— cutting mat
— safety pins
— 5-foot dowel
1. Cut your red and white fabric into 2-inch-wide, 5-foot-long strips.
2. Cut your white trim into 5-foot-long strands.
3. Draw various-sized stars at random on your blue fabric. Then cut out the stars with an X-Acto knife. Fabric scissors also work, but it’s difficult to be precise.
4. Hang up your dowel, then tie on all light red strips using a double knot. Repeat with the dark red fabric, then the white, spacing out you strips to mimic an American flag. Add the white trim last.
5. Pin the blue fabric to the top right corner of your backdrop.
6. Take tons of photos with your pals!
Here’s another reason to make this backdrop — it’s a good excuse to use all the fabric scraps you have lying around.
Cut your red and white fabric into two-inch-wide, five-foot-long strips. Repeat with the rest of your fabric, then cut your trim into five-foot-long strands.
Draw stars at random on your blue fabric. Then cut out the stars with an X-ACTO knife. Fabric scissors also work, but they’re not as precise.
Look at that beauty!
Hang up your dowel, then tie on all of the light red strips using a double knot. Repeat with the dark red fabric, then the white. Leave space between the strips to mimic American flag stripes. Add the white trim last.
Pin the blue fabric to the top right corner of your backdrop.
Hello, you glorious flag, you. Guess what the next step is?
Take photos with all your homies! As always, silly props and sunnies are encouraged.
Are you going to make this backdrop yourself? If so, we want to see the results! Share photos with the hashtags #iamcreative and #britstagram so we can take a look!