Summer Fridays call for sun, wine, and girl time. To make the affair feel elevated, you’re going to want to pull *all* the stops out. Like grabbing your best glasses (you know, those fancy Anthropologie ones), opening your favorite wine, and throwing on a designated playlist. This cool DIY mermaid ice bucket keeps things feeling extra. Scroll down to see how to create it in time for your sun-soaked affair.
- large clear glass cylinder vase
- lily plant leaves
- clear glass interior mold
- food coloring (2 hues)
- Position lily grass against the interior of your vase.
- Add mold to the center.
- Fill the bottom of the mold with sand.
- Add food coloring to the water.
- Pour the tinted water in the space between the vase and the mold inside the vase. Fill this gap halfway.
- Repeat the same steps for the upper layer with another water color. Freeze.
- Pour out the sand. Remove the interior mold. (Pro tip: Use warm water to remove it.)
- Chill a bottle in your ice bucket. Sip and enjoy in pure, chilled bliss.
Looking for more DIY summer entertaining ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)