Make This Enchanting Mermaid Ice Bucket for Your Summer Parties
Summer Fridays call for sun, wine, and girl time. To make the affair feel elevated, you’re going to want to pull *all* the stops out. Like grabbing your best glasses (you know, those fancy Anthropologie ones), opening your favorite wine, and throwing on a designated playlist. This cool DIY mermaid ice bucket keeps things feeling extra. Scroll down to see how to create it in time for your sun-soaked affair.
- large clear glass cylinder vase
- lily plant leaves
- clear glass interior mold
- food coloring (2 hues)
- Position lily grass against the interior of your vase.
- Add mold to the center.
- Fill the bottom of the mold with sand.
- Add food coloring to the water.
- Pour the tinted water in the space between the vase and the mold inside the vase. Fill this gap halfway.
- Repeat the same steps for the upper layer with another water color. Freeze.
- Pour out the sand. Remove the interior mold. (Pro tip: Use warm water to remove it.)
- Chill a bottle in your ice bucket. Sip and enjoy in pure, chilled bliss.
Looking for more DIY summer entertaining ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)