Shop the Met Gala’s Most Baller Accessories
Haven’t stopped thinking about Met Ball fashion? Same! But we’re not just oohing and ahhing and Pinning, we’re being way more proactive than that. First DIY-ing the Gala’s best makeup trends and now, straight up accessory stalking the red carpet (days later!) for shoppable inspiration. All styles were scrutinized — Olivia Munn’s hair clip? Swipe right. Erykah Badu’s “Pharrell” hat? Swipe left — and we paired our 10 faves with equally awesome finds you can rock IRL. So what are you waiting for? A-list accessories are mere clicks away!
1. Luipta Nyong’o’s Headband: Just when we thought the last time we cared about headbands was back when we sang along to “I Saw the Sign” with Stephanie Tanner, Lupita Nyong’o not only makes them relevant, but also extremely elegant.
Deepa Gurnani Faceted Crystal Headwrap ($24) + Deepa Gurnani Venus Statement Headwrap ($48): See — the haute hippie headband isn’t just for rocking during festival season (although, we’d totally rock these during festival season). Decked out with gems and seed beads, these ditties make taming your mane look incredibly classy.
2. Dianna Agron’s Clutch: As if her dress wasn’t blinged out enough, Dianna Agron doubles down with a bedazzled clutch, proving that you can never ever wear/carry too much sparkle.
3. Olivia Munn’s Hairpin: Olivia Munn’s editing eye deserves a standing-O. Who needs statement earrings, billions of bangles + a choker when you can wow with one piece: an unexpected hairpin? Bravo.
Johnny Loves Rosie Clara Multicolored Hair Clip ($39) + Jadeleaf Barrette ($24): Follow Munn’s fresh-faced lead and let the hairpin/clip/barrette speak for itself. They don’t always have to lean vintage-looking either, try a matte-finished clip for a more modern take on the trend.
4. Selena Gomez’s Earrings: Selena Gomez looks like a very nice girl in a very nice gown with very (very) nicely done makeup. And then you see her earrings and you’re like, this chick’s got some edge. We like that.
Monki Adisa Abstract Earrings ($12) + Triangle Lacquered Earrings ($5): We couldn’t find anything quite like the dangling earrings Gomez wore to the Gala, so we decided to go with pieces that mimicked their shape and sparkle (it’s all about the vibe anyway!). And we gotta say, it’s hard to be terribly critical when both picks are less than $15 each.
5. Solange’s Rings: Solange showed up to the Ball with a new bob, but it was her rings that really caught our eye — an eclectic mix of metallic + jeweled cocktail rings that compliment each other as much as each stands out. This gal can do no wrong.
New Look Bowie Jewel Ring Pack ($19) + Starburst Turquoise Ring ($14): You can pretty much bet that if Solange is wearing something one day, it’ll be in stores the next. So it’s no surprise we were able to find cool copycats in this peachy ring set + turquoise stone.
6. Elizabeth Olsen’s Heels: Real talk: We were not at all impressed with this Olsen’s (or any Olsen’s) Met Ball get-up, but her shoes — that’s a totally different story. It’s just a shame her outfit had to be so disjointed… wait, no don’t… just stare at the shoes!
ASOS Honesty Heeled Sandals ($86) + Miss KG Elvie Strappy Heeled Sandals ($143): If you don’t already have a pair of sleek strappy sandals for the summer, consider this your excuse to splurge. These two-toned+ options are our fave alternatives to Elizabeth Olsen’s look. Hack yourself a bow for the ankle strap with some suede cord and call it a day!
7. Charlize Theron’s Ear Cuffs: It’s official: We’re calling Charlize Theron’s ear cuffs our fave accessory of the night. We love that they’re fashion forward without looking costume-y, like she could also wear them with jeans and heels and be set for a date night with Sean Penn. And yes, that’s even though those ARE parrots on Miss Theron’s lobes, we believe.
Elizabeth Cole Jordane Ear Cuff ($148) + Droplet Ear Cuffs ($30): All ear cuffs are NOT created equal: some are made to be showstoppers and others can definitely be subbed for your standard pair of studs. Every gal should own at least one pair.
8. Julie Macklow’s Clutch: 1. We love puns (Met Ball-er!?). 2. We’re suckers for typography anything. 3. Glitter!
ASOS Clutch Bag With Cute Slogan ($54) + Edie Parker Jean Word Clutch ($1,295): A literal statement clutch can turn any outfit into a home run. Period. But if you’re not sold on the word stitched onto the available carryall (or, if you can only find the 1K real deal fo’ sale), then we recommend taking a DIY approach to satiating your style cravings.
9. Sarah Jessica Parker’s Floral Crown: When we saw SJP coming, we knew her look was something special, but then she turned around and we were floored. That grid patterned train! The contrast button bustier! And… a flower crown!? Of course Carrie Bradshaw would accessorize an Oscar de la Renta masterpiece with a floral crown!
Roses Flower Crown Headwrap ($24) + ASOS Flower Pom and Vine Headband ($16): Don’t think of flower crowns as a costume, well, at least these ones influenced by SJP. They can look totally timeless (see above) when you pick a daintier variety to don like faux white roses or blush carnations.
Which Met Gala accessories are must-haves in your book? Tell us in the comments below.