22 Gorgeous Ideas for a Modern Woodland Wedding
If you and your love are all set for an autumnal forest wedding, you’ll want to incorporate the great outdoors into your ceremony in an authentic yet super chic way. Aside from the usual gold accents, you can transform your big day into a modern, Pinterest-worthy celebration by adding bold pops of marsala, brass, concrete and glass details. Sound dreamy? You won’t want to miss out on these modern must-haves to step up your modern woodland wedding decor. Here are 22 ideas to help you achieve the modern woodland wedding of your dreams. Happy Pinning!
1. Romantic Wedding Arch: Create an elegant archway for your altar with billowy drapes trimmed with flowers and eucalyptus leaves. To really capture your romantic vision, line the altar with pillar candles encased in glass lanterns. (via Jennifer Nichols Photography / The Nouveau Romantics)
2. Cement Candleholders: Nothing says minimalistic chic like these cement candleholders surrounded by lush eucalyptus. Dip your candles in gold paint for a classy touch. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
3. Lighting Up With Lanterns: Lanterns and outdoor weddings go hand in hand. Pair with geometric terrariums and tall candles for a stunning display perfect for lining the aisle or sprucing up the bar. (via onelove photography / Style Me Pretty)
4. Jewel Tones: As the weather gets cooler, don’t shy away from incorporating brooding jewel tones into your wedding decor. One way to do so is by including deep reds, burgundies or marsala tones into your bouquet. Think: purple tulips, burgundy dahlias and red hydrangea. (via Ashley Cook Photography / Hey Wedding Lady)
5. Wedding Mirror Signs: Channel fairytale vibes with this stunning mirror display. Border the mirror’s frame with flowers and foliage to complete the romantic aesthetic. You can even turn this statement-worthy decoration into a calligraphed sign using a liquid chalk marker. (via Krista A. Jones Photography / Style Me Pretty)
6. Garnished Glasses: Raise a glass to these beautiful ombre celebratory libations. Whether you choose to feature this particular drink at your wedding or a different signature cocktail, get a similar festive look by garnishing each glass with a sprig of fresh rosemary. (via The Cookie Rookie)
7. All That’s Gold: For a more decadent approach to your wedding in the woods, add plenty of gold embellishments, like a candelabra, candle holders and matching vases. Complete the look by scattering fruits and florals around your gilded tablescape. (via Jenny Owens Photography / Want That Wedding)
8. Birch Bark Wedding Cake: Take advantage of your forest-themed wedding to pull off this adorable birch bark cake carved with you and your S.O.’s first initials. To carry the theme even further, opt for a one-tier cake served atop a slice of wood. (via Keira Lemonis Photography / Rustic Wedding Chic)
9. Gold-Dipped Ferns: Mix fresh greenery with gold-dipped ferns for a surreal pairing that’ll leave guests in love with your table setting. You can even turn it into a motif to repeat throughout your decor, i.e. gilded bouquet flowers. (via Tasha Rae Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
10. Rustic Boutonnieres: If you’re hoping to channel camping vibes like this couple did, opt for rustic details, as shown in these boutonnieres. Give them that natural look by tying flowers and foliage together with twine or a similar string-like rope. (via Sposto Photography / Ruffled)
11. Simple Chic Seating Chart: Planning a more intimate wedding? Make sure to include this unique seating chart ideal for a shorter list of people. Display guest names inside a simple glass box embellished with a fern or a plant sprig. (via Jose Villa)
12. Fern-Adorned Candles: Spruce up plain candles by decorating them with ferns or other foliage. Wrap twine around both the fern and candle in an organic, haphazard way to give a natural aesthetic. (via Perpixel Photography / Style Me Pretty)
13. Log Escort Cards Holder: You can rest assured all escort cards will be accounted for thanks to this cool and convenient log card holder. The natural wood will help it further blend into your forest-inspired decor. (via Hi Miss Puff)
14. Crystal Chandelier With a Vine Wreath: Seamlessly tie in decor that might otherwise look out of place in the outdoors by adding greenery. This crystal chandelier intertwined with a wreath is a must-have to complete any whimsical wedding in the woods. (via Emily Katharine Photography / Hey Wedding Lady)
15. Polished Boutonnieres: For a softer look, secure boutonniere flowers together using ribbon instead of twine. Feel free to play around with the ribbon color to best suit your wedding’s theme. (via Sara Lucero / Style Me Pretty)
16. Gold Deer Cake Topper: Spray paint two toy deer to make the perfect cake toppers for your woodland wedding. The best part is, even after the cake is gone, you’ll end up with sentimental trinkets to remember the big day! (via Artemis Photography / Artfully Wed)
17. Gilded Glass Frame Wedding Sign: Set a new standard for wedding signs with a DIY upcycled gold frame featuring calligraphed glass. Display for all to see using an easel or a table. (via Tasha Rae Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
18. Romantic Succulent Boutonnieres: Give your groomsmen’s boutonnieres a romantic finish by tying a single succulent with strips of lace. The delicate touch will complement the lacy details in your wedding dress. (via Sposto Photography / Style Me Pretty)
19. Light It Up: Hang illuminated jars from trees to guarantee an ethereal sunset ceremony. The backdrop of floating lights will add a magical element to your forest-like surroundings. (via Steven Michael Photography)
20. Wreath Seating Chart: For an all-natural approach to your seating chart, create simple wreaths made of eucalyptus leaves. Hang them between two ladders or on the wall using twine. Pro tip: To make it easier on guests, hang and display them at eye level. (via Mila Photography / Southbound Bride)
21. Terrarium Centerpiece: Trade out the standard lantern for a terrarium centerpiece that’ll simultaneously spruce up the table decor and provide lighting for your dining guests. To get the look, fill your terrarium with your choice of succulents or flowers, add fairy lights and scatter mercury glass votives around your centerpiece for additional soft lighting. (via Angel He Photography / Ruffled)
22. Blanket Wedding Favors: Keep guests nice and toasty in the evening with throw blankets you can give away as wedding favors. Just as handy as it’ll be for your wedding, this practical favor is one your friends and family will appreciate long after the festivities end. (via Isos Photography / Junebug Weddings)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.