Any mom is sure to love a kid-crafted macaroni necklace straight from her kiddo’s art class. But while she’ll treasure her starchy statement piece and wouldn’t trade it for all the real diamonds in the world, the Mother’s Day gift giving shouldn’t stop with custom carb creations. Whether she’s at work, at home, or on the go, productivity is her priority — but a modern multi-tasking mama can’t do it all by herself. These Mother’s Day gift picks are perfect for giving a little time back.
1. Monochef Sunrise Alarm Clock ($33): Any busy mom dreads the blare of her cell’s alarm going off. It’s still dark out, but she has to get up, make lunches, give baths, get dressed, and make sure that everyone is on their way. And that’s before she goes in to work for a full day. We can’t do much about the schedule, but this clock will at least make waking up more bearable. Its gentle glimmer, customizable display, and array of nature noise settings all make it easier for mom to start her day.
2. Mophie Juice Pack Wireless Battery Case ($100): Between the PTA group text, answering dozens of work emails, navigating from activity to activity, and everything else mom does on the go, her cell’s battery drains at a record pace. This battery case provides that extra burst of power she’ll need to get it all done during her busy day. It’s available for a variety of different models (including iPhones and Samsung phones), and as a bonus, it doubles as protection for the phone for those times when it hits the deck because she’s literally got her hands full.
3. Anker PowerWave Wireless Charger ($50): When mom does have to charge her phone, she doesn’t want to be tethered to a wall. Help her break free from the clutter of cords with this quick-charging stand (again compatible with a variety of Apple and Samsung products).
4. Livescribe 2GB Echo Smartpen ($180): This amazing gizmo is a gadget that can help mom remember everything she needs. It records what she says and what she writes, then lets her save the notes and audio recordings to her computer.
5. Canon Pixma iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer ($200): Between the latest field trip form, the daycare drop-off list, and a few thousand work documents, it’s easy to understand how (and why) a busy mom could forget something. Don’t let her get caught without the document she needs: This handy little mobile printer is compatible with Apple’s AirPrint and a number of cloud services, and it’s capable of printing docs up to standard letter size (8.5″ x 11″).
6. Viz-Pro 40″ x 30″ Magnetic Dry Erase Board ($55): Forget about emailing and texting mom your lists: Sometimes you need to low-tech it to get the job done. A new whiteboard will make it easy to organize schedules and shopping lists. Beyond that, the kiddos can write cute little messages to her every day!
7. Elan Publishing Company Indestructible Field Book ($11 for Four): Whether she needs to jot down the absolutely brilliant idea she though of when she’s in the shower (let’s be honest — it’s the only place in the house where it’s completely quiet) or write a note in the rain, this waterproof, tearproof notebook makes life sooooooo much easier.
8. One Potato ($78+ per week): Take away shopping for, measuring, and chopping the ingredients for a meal, and mom can adds hours to her week to spend with her kiddo or even on herself. One Potato is a family-friendly meal delivery service that offers both meat and vegetarian options. You tell them the size of your family, pick your preferences (they also have nut-free and gluten-free choices), and then simply wait for the perfectly prepped meals to arrive at your door.
9. OXO On Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Maker ($200): Okay, mom doesn’t need nine cups of coffee to herself, but this cute coffee maker can drip as few as two cups (ideal to get mom and her S.O. going first thing in the morning). And don’t let mom settle for just any cup o’ joe — this model mimics the pour-over method of brewing, regulating the water temperature and flow perfectly.
What gifts are you eyeing for the overachiever in your life? Tweet us your finds @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.