15 Things You’ll Need to Celebrate National Martini Day!
Wednesday might be hump day, but this Thursday trumps all ‘cuz it’s (drumroll please) National Martini Day! Let’s give thanks to the cocktail gods for giving us an excuse to sip on some mean martinis mid-week by throwing an impromptu martini mixer, shall we?
1. Keep Calm and Martini On Print ($15): This print says it all. Hang it up in your party space to remind everyone to martini on all night long!
2. Gatsby Cocktail Shaker ($30): This sleek shaker with its art deco rings will bring the glamour of the Gatsby era to your martini-day gathering. If only Leo was included in the packaging… sigh…
3. Thurston Bar Tool Set ($49): Every home bar needs a solid set of bar tools. This set from Pottery Barn includes a jigger, strainer, bar spoon, bar knife and an opener.
4. Stainless Steel Cocktail Picks, Set of 6 ($30): A good cocktail pick is a party must, especially for a cocktail-themed shindig. These simple yet sophisticated stainless steel picks from Williams-Sonoma are a timeless addition to your home bars and bar carts.
5. Martini Glasses, Set of 4 ($29): These classic and elegant martini glasses from Birch Lane are a staple for every ‘tini-loving household.
6. Coasters ($45): Feelin’ a little retro? Throw down these graphic coasters to gain some serious style points and prevent those obnoxious drink rings from staining your wood tables.
8. Sex and the City: Want to turn this martini get together into a viewing party? Pop in your Sex and the City DVDs for a mini-marathon! After all, no one does martinis as fabulously as Carrie and the gang. (Photo)
12. Herbal Martinis ($20): Have a guest who prefers a mock-tail instead? Stock up on these herbal blends from Altar for delicious virgin martinis. Bonus: These yummy tonics also make incredible mixers if you want to add a splash of your favorite spirit after all.
14. French Pear Martini: If fruity bevs are more your speed, this French pear martini is the way to go. This light and refreshing ‘tini is made with elderflower liqueur, pear vodka and a splash of bubbly. (via Style Me Pretty)
How are you celebrating National Martini Day this year? Tell us about it in the comment below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!