20 Cocktail Recipes to Make July 4th Red, White and Boozy!
Independence Day is right around the corner and we’re celebrating in more ways than just a Will Smith marathon (tho see you this weekend, Big Willy!) — we have killer, festive cocktails for you to pour at every BBQ, tailgate, fireworks fiesta and bonfire bonanza you attend Friday — and beyond! These 20 recipes from around the web will keep the patriotic spirit going all summer long.
1. Red, White and Blue Wine Spritzer: White wine spritzers are a classic summer beverage for a reason. Add some blue and red and you’ve got yourself a killer cocktail for America’s birthday. (via pretty plain janes)
2. Snow Cone Drinks: This drink is equal parts nostalgia and party-in-a-glass. Slightly on the sweeter side, we wouldn’t have too many or you can expect a killer hangover on the 5th. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
7. Blueberry Coconut Sparkler: Fresh blueberries, coconut rum and ginger ale combine to make a festive drink with just the right hint of tropical paradise. The coconut flakes on the rim are a fun final touch. (via Pizzazzerie)
9. Purple Independence: Who says everything’s gotta be red, white and blue? This cocktail’s color makes it a little bit of (delicious) rebellion in a glass and a pretty addition to your table. (via A Year of Cocktails)
10. Bomb Pop Jello Shots: There’s just something about the 4th of July that brings out the big kid inside all of us. These popsicle-inspired shots are the perfect way to indulge. (via That’s So Michelle)
11. Star Spangled Spritzer: This fruity summer drink is easily made non-boozy by swapping out the white wine for ginger ale, making it a great option for a family-friendly affair. Just make sure to clearly mark your pitchers before serving! (via Celebrating Everyday Life)
14. Watermelon Sparkler: These drinks look gorgeous and the ombre effect is surprisingly simple to achieve, while the basic recipe and instructions are easy to customize to your personal taste. (via TikkiDo)
16. Sugar Cookie Pudding Shots: These layered shots are sweet and fun, and the amaretto flavor is the perfect compliment to the pudding. And how adorable are those cookie stars? (via Jelly Shot Test Kitchen)
17. Blueberry Bliss Cocktail: Blue can be a hard color to work into your meal without resorting to food coloring, but this cocktail’s a great one to pair with your various red and white dishes. Besides, blueberry is always a good bet for a summertime treat. (via Carla’s Confections)
How are you celebrating this July 4th? Are you incorporating red, white and blue into your cocktail repertoire? Let us know your plans in the comments below or hit us up on Facebook.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.