20 Cocktail Recipes to Make July 4th Red, White and Boozy!
Independence Day is right around the corner and we’re celebrating in more ways than just a Will Smith marathon (tho see you this weekend, Big Willy!) — we have killer, festive cocktails for you to pour at every BBQ, tailgate, fireworks fiesta and bonfire bonanza you attend Friday — and beyond! These 20 recipes from around the web will keep the patriotic spirit going all summer long.
1. Red, White and Blue Wine Spritzer: White wine spritzers are a classic summer beverage for a reason. Add some blue and red and you’ve got yourself a killer cocktail for America’s birthday. (via pretty plain janes)
2. Snow Cone Drinks: This drink is equal parts nostalgia and party-in-a-glass. Slightly on the sweeter side, we wouldn’t have too many or you can expect a killer hangover on the 5th. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
7. Blueberry Coconut Sparkler: Fresh blueberries, coconut rum and ginger ale combine to make a festive drink with just the right hint of tropical paradise. The coconut flakes on the rim are a fun final touch. (via Pizzazzerie)
9. Purple Independence: Who says everything’s gotta be red, white and blue? This cocktail’s color makes it a little bit of (delicious) rebellion in a glass and a pretty addition to your table. (via A Year of Cocktails)
10. Bomb Pop Jello Shots: There’s just something about the 4th of July that brings out the big kid inside all of us. These popsicle-inspired shots are the perfect way to indulge. (via That’s So Michelle)
11. Star Spangled Spritzer: This fruity summer drink is easily made non-boozy by swapping out the white wine for ginger ale, making it a great option for a family-friendly affair. Just make sure to clearly mark your pitchers before serving! (via Celebrating Everyday Life)
14. Watermelon Sparkler: These drinks look gorgeous and the ombre effect is surprisingly simple to achieve, while the basic recipe and instructions are easy to customize to your personal taste. (via TikkiDo)
16. Sugar Cookie Pudding Shots: These layered shots are sweet and fun, and the amaretto flavor is the perfect compliment to the pudding. And how adorable are those cookie stars? (via Jelly Shot Test Kitchen)
17. Blueberry Bliss Cocktail: Blue can be a hard color to work into your meal without resorting to food coloring, but this cocktail’s a great one to pair with your various red and white dishes. Besides, blueberry is always a good bet for a summertime treat. (via Carla’s Confections)
How are you celebrating this July 4th? Are you incorporating red, white and blue into your cocktail repertoire? Let us know your plans in the comments below or hit us up on Facebook.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.