Our 10 Favorite Ways to Customize Holiday Cards Online
Nowadays, almost all holiday prep can be done conveniently online. From buying gifts to seeking inspiration for the perfect Christmas card pose, we can all rest assured that the Internet has our back. And it’s no different with crafting the perfect personalized holiday card, which you can now make online in minutes!
1. Paperless Post: Paperless Post sets the bar extremely high in terms of your greeting card taste level. Boasting an arsenal of exquisitely designed templates from top-notch designers (including collabs with fashion’s kate spade new york, designer Jonathan Adler, and even celebrity lifestyle brand goop), the website lets you completely customize their rather flawless sensibilities to match your personal taste, then send them digitally or printed (so much for the whole paperless bit). Once you choose your design, you can change the font, suggested greeting, or add embellishments like logos or motifs. Photo card templates even allow you to add a filter, which more often than not looks totally out of place on the delicate designs.
2. Celebrations: Formerly Pingg, Celebrations is a one-stop shop for all things entertaining, which will make holiday planning a breeze. Search for festive inspiration or flesh out any lingering details with entire pages dedicated to party ideas, vendor suggestions, DIY projects, and recipes—then send a digital invite to seal the deal. Celebrations not only customizes your card taste-wise, but it also lets you adjust the content based on the type of event you’re planning, including RSVPs and even facilitating ticket sales through your invitations. We especially like the Designer Community section, where you can learn about the artists and see their collections in one place.
3. Pinhole Press: Pinhole Press promises “beautifully simple photo gifts”, and boy do they deliver. Thier photo card templates are clean, crisp, and completely unfussy, making this a go-to for showcasing proud family portraits or group shenanigans. But as their tagline suggest, Pinhole Press has way more to offer than your standard photo card: you can upload your mug to all kinds of miscellany, from magnets and calendars to more wacky wine bottle labels and puzzle pieces that can double as greetings and gift!
4. Tiny Prints: Tiny Prints might be our favorite way to customize real photo cards online. First off, its photo uploader makes it super easy to pull photos that already live online from accounts like Picassa, Flickr, or Facebook and upload them to the bright, bold template of your choosing. The majority of ‘em overlay punchy text and playful patterns directly on your photos, turning your printed card into a lively holiday vignette.
5. Minted: Minted’s diverse collection of independent, globally-sourced designs leaves you with many, many decisions to make when it comes to curating your holiday card. And the options don’t end once you’ve chosen your template: Minted’s editing system let’s you customize each and every aspect of the card—from its shape of the card to the envelope liner and the labels— to be exactly how you want it to look. The result is completely rewarding, and with such a wide design net cast, there really is something for everyone to discover on this site.
6. Pear Tree Greetings: Pear Tree has completely reinvented the idea of a customized holiday card, and we just can’t get enough. We’re not just talking about choosing between a square and a rectangle, or a scalloped or raw edge here: Pear Tree’s insanely imaginative designs include beautifully shaped ornaments, modern booklets, and even bunting. That’s right! Now you and your loved ones can now adorn completely personalized Peppermint candy-shaped bunting, Christmas light-shaped bunting, and even Polaroid-shaped bunting to add some vintage flair. Oh, they even have an entire section dedicated to sparkle and glitter cards. Can you tell we’re in love?
7. Simply to Impress: We totally recommend Simply to Impress to anyone who’s looking to send beautiful holiday cards on a budget. Their photo-focused designs are a serious upgrade from standard drugstore templates, not only because they’re crisp and modern, but also because they’re printed on high-quality materials. Choose from single-side printed to double folded cards at the seriously affordable price of between $1-$2 per card.
8. Paper Culture: Paper Culture lets you send personalized greeting cards with a good conscious. Their eco-friendly products are made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper and they operate their business carbon free. But that’s just the beginning: Paper Culture plants a tree in for every order placed, with the goal of planting one million trees. We can’t think of a better way to spread holiday cheer!
9. Cheergram: Cheergram is another amazing way to bring your Instagrams to life. Here’s the genius idea: you pair any one of your Instagrams with one of their hand-crafted holiday card designs, click approve, and get 25 4×8 flat cards and envelopes in the mail. While you can get ahead of the game and start ordering now, Cheergram says a new batch of designs is soon on its way!
10. Red Stamp: Greeting cards get mobile with Red Stamp. The lifestyle app boasts more than 1,000 customizable designs that can be instantly shared with your buds from your device via text, e-mail, or USPS. Even better, the service is compatible with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, so there’s definite potential for your greeting to go viral. Their hipster sensibility is highly amusing and right on trend: general card sets include a mustache collection and a tribal patterned collection, while their holiday card collection relies on minimal design and bold typography.
Will you be using one of these websites to design your holiday cards? Are there other awesome digital ways to design cards or invitations that we missed? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)