8 Oscars Beauty Trends You Can Wear IRL
The standout aspect of Oscars beauty this year: it all feels totally attainable. Just like the thoughtful, yet effortless-feeling hairstyles seen on tonight’s red carpet, the stars’ makeup looks also felt more down to earth than the reserved-for-Tinseltown styles we’re used to seeing at the most major award ceremony of the year. That doesn’t mean they weren’t to die for, though. Scroll through to see the eight most wearable beauty looks to come off the red carpet (we’re pretty sure *this* is what it feels like to strike Oscar gold).
1. Creamy Red Lips: Turn that red lip classic thing you like (thanks, Taylor) into something super modern like Margot Robbie + Behati Prinsloo with a precise, creamy red lip that either adds a bold pop of color to your get up or matches your red dress — a must-have piece this season. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Fluttering Eyelashes: Flirty, fluttering eyelashes are the new bold brow. Whether you line your eyes like Felicity Jones or keep the rest of your eye makeup soft like Dakota Johnson, piece-y (though not clumpy) lashes are the latest way to bring immediate attention to your peepers. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Brown Eyeshadow: This isn’t your dated ’90s brown makeup. Reese Witherspoon and Sienna Miller show the softer side of a smokey eye by using the rusty hue in place of traditional black, a switch up that leaves your eyes understated yet glowing. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Peachy Complexion: Emma Stone and Jennifer Hudson show the easiest way to take a glowing complexion to the next level: with a deep peachy lip. As you can see, the spring-ready color is extremely versatile: it’s not too girly, it’s not too dramatic, and compliments every skin tone. It goes without saying, it’s a must have in your makeup kit.
5. Pink Lips: Get ready to bring out your feminine side with a baby soft pink lip color that’s destined to become your spring lip color go-to whether you’re rocking a classic smokey eye like Anna Kendrick or a cute cat eye like Marion Cotillard. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Nude Lips: Gina Rodriguez and Jessica Chastain show the range of ways to wow with a nude lip. Keep it super matchy-matchy with your skin tone aided by a high-sheen to bring the drama or pick a rosy gloss that will bring out the color in your cheeks. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Metallic Eyes: No matter how you feel like wearing your lip — a bold marsala like Lupita Nyong’o or a barely-there nude like Kerry Washington — a swipe of metallic shadow will elevate your look into one to remember. Bring the bling with an icy silver shade or channel your inner ’80s babe with a frosty blue hue. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
8. Liner-Free Lower Lash Lines: Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts prove that less is more with this lazy girl-approved makeup trend: zero eyeliner on your lower lash line. It’s an incredibly impactful subtraction that sets the spotlight on your lashes like never before. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
What makeup trends were you gaga for on the Oscars red carpet? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)