The standout aspect of Oscars beauty this year: it all feels totally attainable. Just like the thoughtful, yet effortless-feeling hairstyles seen on tonight’s red carpet, the stars’ makeup looks also felt more down to earth than the reserved-for-Tinseltown styles we’re used to seeing at the most major award ceremony of the year. That doesn’t mean they weren’t to die for, though. Scroll through to see the eight most wearable beauty looks to come off the red carpet (we’re pretty sure *this* is what it feels like to strike Oscar gold).
1. Creamy Red Lips: Turn that red lip classic thing you like (thanks, Taylor) into something super modern like Margot Robbie + Behati Prinsloo with a precise, creamy red lip that either adds a bold pop of color to your get up or matches your red dress — a must-have piece this season. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Fluttering Eyelashes: Flirty, fluttering eyelashes are the new bold brow. Whether you line your eyes like Felicity Jones or keep the rest of your eye makeup soft like Dakota Johnson, piece-y (though not clumpy) lashes are the latest way to bring immediate attention to your peepers. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Brown Eyeshadow: This isn’t your dated ’90s brown makeup. Reese Witherspoon and Sienna Miller show the softer side of a smokey eye by using the rusty hue in place of traditional black, a switch up that leaves your eyes understated yet glowing. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Peachy Complexion: Emma Stone and Jennifer Hudson show the easiest way to take a glowing complexion to the next level: with a deep peachy lip. As you can see, the spring-ready color is extremely versatile: it’s not too girly, it’s not too dramatic, and compliments every skin tone. It goes without saying, it’s a must have in your makeup kit.
5. Pink Lips: Get ready to bring out your feminine side with a baby soft pink lip color that’s destined to become your spring lip color go-to whether you’re rocking a classic smokey eye like Anna Kendrick or a cute cat eye like Marion Cotillard. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Nude Lips: Gina Rodriguez and Jessica Chastain show the range of ways to wow with a nude lip. Keep it super matchy-matchy with your skin tone aided by a high-sheen to bring the drama or pick a rosy gloss that will bring out the color in your cheeks. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Metallic Eyes: No matter how you feel like wearing your lip — a bold marsala like Lupita Nyong’o or a barely-there nude like Kerry Washington — a swipe of metallic shadow will elevate your look into one to remember. Bring the bling with an icy silver shade or channel your inner ’80s babe with a frosty blue hue. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
8. Liner-Free Lower Lash Lines: Nicole Kidman and Naomi Watts prove that less is more with this lazy girl-approved makeup trend: zero eyeliner on your lower lash line. It’s an incredibly impactful subtraction that sets the spotlight on your lashes like never before. (Photos via Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Getty)
What makeup trends were you gaga for on the Oscars red carpet? Tell us in the comments below.