10 Celebs Proving ’90s Makeup Is Making a Comeback
Our fave celebs are bringing the ’90s back this award season with a classic brown makeup palette. Stars like Emily Blunt and Felicity Jones are sporting coppery shadows for a natural, dewy look, while Kerry Washington and Dascha Polanco are using brown-based hues on their lips. These shades are classic and complement the bright, bold colors we’re seeing on their gowns. We’re counting down the days until the Academy Awards and predicting even more natural beauty looks on the red carpet.
1. Emily Blunt: Emily kept a neutral palette with a brown smokey eye and peach-hued lip while adding a bright pop of color with her turquoise earrings at the Golden Globes. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Jennifer Lopez: JLo brought back her classic Jenny-from-the-block look to the Golden Globes with a brown smokey eye, ultra-nude lip and a plunging neckline. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Kerry Washington: Our fave star’s look was favorited at last year’s Academy Awards. She balanced out her lavender gown with naturally beautiful makeup and hair, accented by a brown-red lip color. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Sarah Hyland: The Modern Family actress let her jeweled dress do the talking at this year’s SAG awards. Sarah paired her gown with a classic Hollywood updo and shimmering brown shadow. (Photo via Ethan Miller/Getty)
5. Amy Poehler: Amy sported a subtle, bronzy glow to complement her sequined silver gown and beach babe waves at the Emmy Awards. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Catherine Zeta-Jones: Catherine showed up to this year’s Golden Globes looking ultra-glam with a sultry brown eye and shimmery lip. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
7. Dascha Polanco: A creamy brown lip color topped off this absolutely stunning star’s look, accented by her perfectly painted cateye and contoured cheekbones. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
8. Felicity Jones: Felicity’s emerald peepers popped with a coppery-brown shadow. She looked effortless at the BAFTAs with a swept middle part and natural pink lip. (Photo via Ian Gavin/Getty)
9. Keira Knightley: Keira looked fresh faced at the Critic’s Choice Awards. We love her collared gown, natural eye and taupe lip. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
10. Katherine McPhee: We love her slicked back hair. This look is one of our faves so far, and she perfectly complements her makeup and hair with brown liner and shimmering shadow, creating a Grammy-worthy look. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Would you rock brown shadow again? What are your favorite ways to wear it? Let us know in the comments.