Finding out Pantone’s Color of the Year is basically as fun as opening a gift. When you found out there were not one, but TWO colors for 2016, it was like Christmas morning and Halloween happened all on one day… AKA a whole lot of excitement. Rose Quartz and Serenity are two of the most beautiful hues, so it’s only fitting that you throw a Pantone party in their honor. Check these 10 ways to incorporate these beautiful pink and blue shades into your next get-together.
1. Pink Cocktail With Blueberries: The easiest (and best!) way to kick off your pink and blue party is with a cocktail. Make your favorite pink drink and pop a few blueberries in to tie in the Serenity hue. Top it off with a striped paper straw to really amp it up. (via Melissa Biador Photography / The Every Last Detail)
2. DIY Tassel Garland Kit ($13): We have a total crush on this tassel garland. Okay, we have a crush on all tassel garlands, but this blush and gold option is just too gorgeous not to hang at your Pantone party.
3. Confetti Oreos: Confetti Oreos are a must-have for any party. Dip ’em in pink and blue icing and add sprinkles to make them Pantone AF. They’re almost too pretty to eat… almost. (via Sprinkles for Breakfast)
4. DIY Eyeball Gumboil Drink Stirrers: Have a little fun with your drink stirrers and take them to the next level with this DIY. Use gumballs and printables to create a stirrer your friends and fam will be eyeing all night. (via The House That Lars Built)
5. Flagged Donuts: If baking isn’t your thing, head to the grocery store and pick up a box of donuts. Add pink paper flags to make them as epic as ever. Serve them on a blue cake plate for prime Pantone presentation. (via Pizzazzerie)
6. Gilded Ombre Napkins: These napkins are the perfect DIY for your Pantone party because you can customize the shade to the exact color you’re going for. Finish it off with a little gold, because what’s a party without a little gilding in the mix? (via Lovely Indeed)
7. Sugar-Rimmed Champagne Glasses: All you need to make these is some pink sugar (add blue to go all out) and a few champagne glasses. Rim the glasses and cheers with your Pantone-obsessed pals. (via Brit + Co)
8. Paper Straws + Printables: Kick your pink tablecloth up a notch with a blue table runner. This drink presentation also gets an A+: Add spritzers to each table setting and then stick a paper straw and printable on each. (via Joiealala / 100 Layer Cakelet)
9. Assorted Paper Lanterns: Warm up those winter blues by bringing a few outdoor lanterns in. Assorted pink, blue and white paper lanterns will add life to your space like any warm spring day. (via Anne-Claire Brun / Wedding Chicks)
10. Birthday Invitation ($16+): If you’re hosting a Pantone-themed party for your little one’s birthday, this invitation is a great option. Pick up a blue envelope to complement the invitation. Your guests will be impressed from the moment they open their mailbox.
How do you plan to use Pantone’s colors for 2016? Tweet it to us @britandco!