14 Makeup Products Inspired by Pantone’s Colors of the Year
When Pantone named Rose Quartz and Serenity the official colors of 2016, we named the two hues the official must-have pigments to add to our makeup kits in the year ahead. The light pink Rose Quartz is a shoo-in — light enough to count as an everyday neutral yet pink enough to add a femme touch to any look. Then there’s that smokey pale blue Serenity, a more moody statement hue that comes across as daring (at first!) on lips and in hair but is still soft (and pretty) enough to classify as dreamy on nails and lids. Itching to add these pastel hues to your palette? Scroll on for 14 ways to add these winning colors to every aspect of your beauty routine.
1. Sephora + Pantone Universe Layer Lipstick in Serenity ($18): The masters of color teamed up with the masters of makeup at Sephora to create an entire line centered around the all-hailed colors of the year. This lipstick adds a highly pigmented pop of blue to your lips for a truly dramatic (but still soft) style.
2. Sephora + Pantone Universe Layer Lipstick in Rose Quartz ($18): If you’re looking for a more subtle way to wear a color of the year, this creamy formula also comes in Rose Quartz, a perfect everyday pink to add to your collection.
Pantone-Inspired Lip Gloss
3. IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in News Anchor Blue ($24): Looking to shake things up? This gloss’s sheer wash of blue adds a boost of hydration and will counteract any yellow in your teeth for an instantly brighter smile.
4. NARS + Christopher Kane Lip Gloss in Nucleus ($26): You can’t go wrong with a rose-hued pout. This vibrant wash of baby pink will add a feminine touch to your daytime makeup look.
5. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Eyeshadow in Sky ($18): Make those peepers pop by swiping on this beautiful shade of blue. Blend it all over the lid to pump up the drama or sweep a bit along your lash line for a more subtle look.
6. e.l.f. Cosmetics Smudge Pot Cream Eyeshadow in Ain’t That Sweet? ($3): Ring in the new year with some simple yet sweet pink lids with a bit of added sparkle that will draw just the right amount of attention to your eyes.
7. Sephora Collection Colorful Wink-It Felt Liner Waterproof in Baby Blues ($14): This stunner has us wondering why we haven’t been wearing blue eyeliner all along! The hyper-pigmented formula will make a statement when set against any eye color.
8. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Rosegold ($28): We can’t think of a color that’s more holiday appropriate than this glowing pink. The creamy consistency doubles as both a shadow and liner, offering an endless array of styles.
9. Benefit Cosmetics Blush in Dandelion ($28): Alright, so blue blush might be a bit of a stretch. Instead, indulge in this alternative pop of petal pink made to last from AM to PM — no need to touch up before heading to happy hour.
10. Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Blush in Rosa ($26): Add a touch of classic pink to your cheeks with this subtly shimmering shade of rose. It’ll give your skin the perfect flush of color for a healthy and glowing complexion.
Pantone-Inspired Nail Polish
11. Treat Collection Nail Polish in Blue Sky ($15): This dusty blue nail lacquer might be the chicest color you’ll wear all year. A add a dash of blue to your fingers and toes for a truly enviable mani-pedi.
12. Eve Snow Nail Polish in Pigalle ($16): There’s no situation where pink nails aren’t stylish. This ultra-shiny pink shade is girly with a twist, perfect for work and for play.
Pantone-Inspired Hair Dye
13. Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Shark Blue ($5): Blue hair, don’t care! Cover your mane in a creamy wash of pastel blue that will surely be worthy of a selfie or two.
14. Tinge Temporary Pastel Conditioner in Pink ($18): It’s time to think pink (temporarily, at least). Trying out the pastel color for yourself couldn’t be easier, thanks to this temporary conditioner. Test out the pastel pink on blonde locks, and the pigment will simply wash out within three to five washes.
Show us how you’d wear the colors of the year by tagging us on Instagram!
(Featured photo via Sephora)