12 Ways to Change Up Your Hair Using Pantone Colors of the Year
Marsala is so last year. Ever since Pantone officially announced their pick for color(s!) of the year, dethroning last year’s maroon-y shade, we’ve been obsessed with the new top dogs: Rose Quartz and Serenity. The two pastel pigments, one a dreamy pink and the other a light sky blue, are sophisticated yet fun and ultra wearable, especially come springtime. But one of our favorite ways to rock the hues? Two words: pastel hair. If you’re looking to make a change to your mane this coming year, scroll on for 12 ways to style it using Pantone’s colors of the year for 2016.
The Best Rose Quartz Pink Hairstyles
2. Beachy Pink Waves: Forget blonde beach waves — try adding some color to a classic style in 2016. Run a bit of pink through your strands for a simple yet sweet way to update a no-fuss look. (Photo via @chontelleberryman)
3. Cotton Candy Blowout: Okay, we can’t decide whether we’re more impressed by the cotton candy pink or the A+ blowout. Either way, there’s no arguing this style is the boldest kind of chic. (Photo via @misswatsonnails)
4. Pretty in a Pink Bun: There are so many ways to style this picture-perfect pastel ‘do, but we’re particularly partial to this easy five-minute look, which pairs the color trend with a strong brow and contrasting white top. (Photo via Francis Lola)
5. A Touch of Pink: Pink hair has never looked classier than it does here, accented with gorgeous blonde curls. The pop of color on the roots is a great way to try out the trend without commiting to a full head of pink. (Photo via Smith and Davis Salon)
6. The Pink Wave: Take a bit of inspiration from the color wheel with this ultra-pigmented ‘do. The purple on top effortlessly blends into the pink of the bottom for a truly colorful head of hair. (Photo via @mandathegee)
The Best Serenity Blue Hairstyles
8. Blue for the Summer: Is it just us, or is this style reminding anyone else of Katy Perry? Either way, this is a killer color to rock, especially with a next-level-floral frock. (Photo via @emiunicorn)
9. Bluish Gray: Pastel and gray hair was everywhere in 2015, and judging by this stunning look, we’re willing to bet the style won’t be going anywhere come the new year. The dark roots and pastel blue are a fresh take on the trend. (Photo via @yocutie)
Show us how you’d wear the colors of the year by tagging us on Instagram!