Who can resist the appeal of a make-ahead meal? Prepared breakfasts take the stress out of the morning rush and keep the tummy rumbles at bay until lunch time, while sack lunches can save you serious cash. But make-ahead dinners may be the real lifesaver for those of us who work late more often than not. Especially when the meal that greets you when you walk in the door happens to be a satisfying pasta dish, amirite? Just commit to a one-time weekend cook-up, then you can heat it and eat it the rest of the week. Here are 14 make-ahead pasta pies that are sure to become your weeknight go-tos.
2. Pumpkin Kale Turkey Sausage Spaghetti Pie: This humble spaghetti pie has full-on flavor and lots of “hidden veggies,” and clocks in much lighter than most Italian baked classics, thanks to lean ground turkey. (via Dishing Out Health)
4. Sausage and Spinach Spaghetti Pie: A little bit of spicy chicken sausage adds a whole lotta flavor in this diet- and budget-friendly dish that costs about $2.50 a serving. Double win! (via Cooking Light)
5. Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Pie: This seven-ingredient pie comes together easily thanks to store-bought breaded chicken. Like everyone’s fave restaurant pairing, the chicken Parm and spaghetti combo will satisfy your every comfort-food craving. (via Melanie Makes)
6. Delizie del Piemonte: This pasta pie is made the old-fashioned way, with fresh lasagna sheets and homemade marinara and bechamel sauces. When you want to treat yourself to an utterly decadent pie, this is your jam. (via Sourdough & Olives)
7. Baked Zoodles Caprese: This one’s for all the gluten-free folks in the house! Baked with zoodles instead of noodles, it’s like a cross between a classic lasagna and quiche. (via Queen of My Kitchen)
8. Bucatini Pie With Marinara Sauce: If you haven’t tried *bucatini,* prepare to meet your newest noodle obsession. Like pumped-up strands of spaghetti, it’ll gives your pie more substance, and it slices up nicely for a Insta-perfect presentation. (via Pastry Chef Online)
10. Carbonara Pasta Pie: Something magical happens when steaming hot pasta *cooks* the pancetta and egg mixture in a classic carbonara. This has all the flavor of the original, but in make-ahead pie form. (via Spoon, Fork, Bacon)
11. Italian Gnocchi Quiche: These little pies are baked on a crust of pillowy gnocchi. Substitute gluten-free gnocchi and the GF folks at the table will be beaming emoji heart-eyes at you. (via Heavenly Home Cooking)
13. Butternut Squash and Gorgonzola Rigatoni Pasta Pie With Fried Sage: This pie is like unstuffed ravioli — ravioli without all the work. Roasted butternut squash, gorgonzola cheese, and sage may sound like an odd trio, but the salty-sweetness will hit your taste buds in all the right spots. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Meaty Mac and Cheese Pie: This pasta pie is cooked in an actual pie crust, for a double-carby one-two punch — POW! — right to your taste buds. Bookmark this one, because it’s so easy yet satisfying that you’ll find yourself coming back to the recipe time and again. (via Bakers Royale)
If you’re always looking for easy weeknight dinner recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.