Your Thanksgiving Guests Will Go Crazy for This Cinnamon Bun Pecan Pie Recipe
If you didn’t know — I LOVE pie. My last meal would be made up of pies — savory breakfast quiches, potpies, pizza pies and, of course, tons and tons of sweet pies. I recently came across this cinnamon bun crust hack on Pinterest and my heart skipped a beat. I am here to let you all know that this pie crust is the only pie crust you will need for the rest of your life. We used this crust to make an epic pecan pie, but it would go great with any holiday pie — pumpkin and apple are next on my list. You can even go crazy and bake these cinnamon bun pies into cakes to turn it into a piecaken!
- pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not pictured — whoops!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups pecans
This pie crust may be my favorite thing of this year.
1. Unroll the pie crust and spread a handful of brown sugar and a dusting of cinnamon. Spread around the pie crust and roll back up.
2. Cut the crust into wheels and press into the bottom and edges of your pie pan.
3. Pierce edges slightly with a fork or knife.
4. Bake in a 350-degree-Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes.
5. In a bowl, whisk together sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk four eggs together and then pour into the sugary mixture. Stir until combined.
7. Brown the half cup of butter on the stove for 4-5 minutes. Add into the gooey mixture and stir 'til combined.
8. Top it off with two cups of pecans — we recommend leaving a half cup to decorate the top of the pie ;)
9. Pour it in and start to count down 'til you can indulge in this gooey goodness.
10. Use that extra half cup to decorate the top of the pie with a mandala pattern. Bake in a 350-degree-Fahrenheit oven for 50-60 minutes or until the pie has set. *Note — it will still be jiggly but firm ;)
11. Let the pie cool for 3-4 hours before slicing into it. It will smell delicious, so hold back that temptation.
Let’s dig in :)
Do you see that gooeyness?
I swear your holiday guests will go CRAZY over this pie. Enjoy!
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspo!
This article has been updated from a previous post.
- These 14 Make-Ahead *Pasta Pie* Recipes Make Weeknight ... ›
- 18 Comforting Shepherd's Pie Recipes for Any Taste or Diet - Brit + Co ›
- Bookmark This! The Ultimate Pumpkin Pie Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- Bottoms Up: 17 Spiked Pie Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Next-Level Pecan Pie Recipes Your Friendsgiving Needs - Brit + ... ›
- 19 Sweet Potato Pie Recipes You Haven't Tried Before - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Pie Pop Recipes to Get Your Pi Day Celebration Poppin' - Brit + Co ›
- Take Your Pie on the Road With Apple Pie Tacos Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- This Shepherd's Pie Recipe Is Just Like Mom's (But Perfectly Paleo ... ›