It’s no secret that we’re pattern-obsessed around these parts. Patterns in our homes, patterns on the wall, patterns on our shoes, patterns on the stairs, oh my! Since bootie season is in full force, we decided to turn our pattern-loving attention to that versatile piece of footwear. Booties are great for autumn, winter, spring, and even, dare we say, summer?! That would be a definite yes, at least here in San Francisco. Here are 11 ways to show your love of patterns right on your feet.
1. Stingray Booties ($325): Let’s kick things off with a trip to the aquarium! Inspired by stingrays, these leather booties are perfect for the modern-day Ariel. We love the hardware on these booties — both a zipper and a buckle on each one.
2. Red Leopard Print Pointed Boots ($42): Love or hate it, animal print is here to stay so you should probably get on board. This red variety has vampire written all over it.
3. Polka Dot Pony Hair Treaded Ankle Boot ($128): These clunkers look like they came straight from the ’90s, and are ready to weather any winter storm.
4. Marauder Ankle Boot ($70): It’s like chevron within chevron. Meta-chevron! Bonus points for these kicks being made from vegan leather.
5. Hutton Ankle Boot ($408): In a nutshell, these boots are epic. And we don’t use that very-much-overused-word lightly. We’ve got wooden soles, leopard print suede, and etched antique silver detailing. Done and done.
6. Textured Chelsea Ankle Boots ($61): Another ’90s-inspired clunker, these upholstered ankle boots look like something Maria from the Sound of Music might make.
7. Zip Front Splatter Ankle Boots ($361): Not ready for the splurge? You can always go Jackson Pollock on a pair of ankle booties you already have.
9. Helena Calf Hair Booties ($189): We’re dotty for dots, especially when they adorn an ankle boot.
10. Metallic Tacuba Booties ($298): We love the burnished quality of these metallic booties, complete with textile-inspired patterns that change from silver to gold.
11. Plomo Nuria Embroidered Ankle Boots ($425): Last up, how awesome are these embroidered booties? The answer: Really awesome. These will definitely make the summer-friendly-boot list.
Do you have a pair of booties you just love? Where did you get them? Talk to us in the comments below.