You’ve NEVER Seen Peeps like These Before
Since 2007, The Washington Post has been hosting a little event called the Peeps Show — get your head out of the gutter, peep-le! We’re talking candy here. The rules are simple: Be creative and make a diorama using Peeps. With everything from pop culture references to historical depictions, these dioramas are truly works of sugary (and sometimes comical) art. The winner of this year’s competition was announced today. Check out these incredible ‘mallow-filled entries from the past eight years along with our favorite finalist from this year. Hint: It’s at the bottom and worth scrolling for.
1. Eep: Our favorite Pixar flick takes this diorama contest up and away.
2. Crystal Blue Peepsuasion: Walter White, infamous confectionary drug lord, is slinging the strongest crystal blue candy around town. With the RV, crystal blue candy and tighty whiteys, this Peeps portrayal of Breaking Bad is spot on.
3. Peepnado Hits DC: Don’t worry, you won’t have to sit through an entire movie with Tara Reid and Ian Ziering (bonus points if you can spot ’em here). Instead, catch a glimpse of ferociously cute Peeps storming through our nation’s capitol.
4. Peepdom to Marry: Show your celebration of marriage equality with one of your first candy loves.
5. Peeps on the Run: Oh, Thelma and Louise, we envy your bold, brave spirits and senses of adventure. Long live these fab fugitive Peeps!
6. The Peep #Selfie: Here you have it, the evolution of the selfie through a colorful and historically accurate retrospective.
7. Clue: It was Mr. Peepcock, in the Observatory, with the revolver.
8. The Peepstones: These prehistoric Peeps make us wanna yell “Yabba dabba do!”
9. MuPeeps: The gang’s all here in this sugary, sweet version of our childhood favorite.
10. A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Peep: Bet you never thought you’d see Pointillist Peeps. It’s just another Sunday Funday in Peepland.
11. Angry Peeps: While this probably took hours to assemble, we would love to see this real-life version of our favorite game in action.
12. Creating a Masterpeeps: Peeps painting Peeps.
13. Just Peep’d: If you’re like us, the royal wedding never gets old. Witness the wedding of the century in classy confectionary form.
14. Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Peeps: It started out like any other day until… the Peeps swarmed the town.
15. P.E.E.P.: P.E.E.P. phone home.
16. Genius Bar: Maybe they are already in line waiting for the Peeple watch?
17. Georgia O’Peep: Inspired by the landscape and flora of New Mexico, Georgia O’Peep is one of our favorite ‘mallow-filled artists.
18. Goodnight Peep: Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight Peeps everywhere.
19. Here’s Looking at You, Peep: Dioramas inside dioramas? Yes! Epic Hollywood romance dioramas in Peep form? Mind. blown.
20. Miley Peep-rus: This peep-ified version of the infamous VMA performance is perfect down to the “hair” nubbins, foam finger, red lips and tongue sticking out.
21. Chilean Mine Rescue: Portraying the 2010 Copiapó Mine rescue, this epic diorama is a heartwarming depiction of Peep-les working together.
22. Minions in Congress: This might be the best Congress yet.
23. Mount Peepmore: The founding peepfathers carved in stone? Now that’s a sweet monument we would love to see.
24. Peep Wee Herman’s Playhouse: Now this takes us back, way back. Mr. Window, Clockey and Chairy all in the playhouse having fun.
25. Peep Art: So. cool. We are especially loving this marshmallow rendition of Andy Warhol.
26. Peeped: These ‘mallow chefs are here to wow you with their mad cooking and chopping skills.
27. SpongeBob Peep Pants: Everything is better down where it’s wetter — just take it from Spongebob Peep Pants and his whole ‘mallow-filled, sugar-crusted crew.
28. RelativiPeep: In this portrayal of the famous M.C. Escher painting, Peeps gravity defies all laws. We are lovin’ the black + white with pops of fluff-filled color.
29. Snow White and the Seven Peeps: Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose Peeps fairytale diorama is the fairest of them all?
30. Spinal Peep: Coming soon to theaters near you: This Is Spinal Peep.
31. Super Peepio Brothers: Don’t worry peep princess, Mario and Luigi are here to rescue you one airy, fluffy jump at a time.
32. Synchronized Peeping Practice: Who knew Peeps could be so graceful in water?
33. TSA Agents Get a Peep Show: Even sweet and innocent Peeps have to wait in those long airport lines.
34. Peep Tiki: All hail the mighty Peep-iki.
35. SimPeeps: We wouldn’t mind seeing the entire cast of The Simpsons peep-ified. Moe’s Tavern, Kwik-E-Mart, Montgomery Burn’s mansion, the list goes on.
36. Peep’s Arc: The fate of the entire animal peepdom lays in the hands of one sugary marshmallow.
37. Peepius Maximus: While this lil guy ain’t no Russell Crowe, he is definitely just as brave and soft on the inside.
38. iPeep Nano: We wouldn’t mind having a little bunny-shaped handheld electronic device, especially if they came is such fun, bright colors like these ones.
39. The Most Repeeped Peep Ever: These A-list Peeps are setting Peeper records with their #selfie.
40. Call of Booty: And our favorite finalist from this year’s competition? The award goes to “Peeper Magazine’s ‘Break into Spring’ edition.” That’s it. Peep Kardashian just broke the Internet. Shutting down….
Have you built anything with Peeps? Are you looking to enter the Peeps Show next year? Let’s talk Peeps in the comments below!
(Images via The Washington Post)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.