Since 2007, The Washington Post has been hosting a little event called the Peeps Show — get your head out of the gutter, peep-le! We’re talking candy here. The rules are simple: Be creative and make a diorama using Peeps. With everything from pop culture references to historical depictions, these dioramas are truly works of sugary (and sometimes comical) art. The winner of this year’s competition was announced today. Check out these incredible ‘mallow-filled entries from the past eight years along with our favorite finalist from this year. Hint: It’s at the bottom and worth scrolling for.
1. Eep: Our favorite Pixar flick takes this diorama contest up and away.
2. Crystal Blue Peepsuasion: Walter White, infamous confectionary drug lord, is slinging the strongest crystal blue candy around town. With the RV, crystal blue candy and tighty whiteys, this Peeps portrayal of Breaking Bad is spot on.
3. Peepnado Hits DC: Don’t worry, you won’t have to sit through an entire movie with Tara Reid and Ian Ziering (bonus points if you can spot ’em here). Instead, catch a glimpse of ferociously cute Peeps storming through our nation’s capitol.
4. Peepdom to Marry: Show your celebration of marriage equality with one of your first candy loves.
5. Peeps on the Run: Oh, Thelma and Louise, we envy your bold, brave spirits and senses of adventure. Long live these fab fugitive Peeps!
6. The Peep #Selfie: Here you have it, the evolution of the selfie through a colorful and historically accurate retrospective.
7. Clue: It was Mr. Peepcock, in the Observatory, with the revolver.
8. The Peepstones: These prehistoric Peeps make us wanna yell “Yabba dabba do!”
9. MuPeeps: The gang’s all here in this sugary, sweet version of our childhood favorite.
10. A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Peep: Bet you never thought you’d see Pointillist Peeps. It’s just another Sunday Funday in Peepland.
11. Angry Peeps: While this probably took hours to assemble, we would love to see this real-life version of our favorite game in action.
12. Creating a Masterpeeps: Peeps painting Peeps.
13. Just Peep’d: If you’re like us, the royal wedding never gets old. Witness the wedding of the century in classy confectionary form.
14. Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Peeps: It started out like any other day until… the Peeps swarmed the town.
15. P.E.E.P.: P.E.E.P. phone home.
16. Genius Bar: Maybe they are already in line waiting for the Peeple watch?
17. Georgia O’Peep: Inspired by the landscape and flora of New Mexico, Georgia O’Peep is one of our favorite ‘mallow-filled artists.
18. Goodnight Peep: Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight Peeps everywhere.
19. Here’s Looking at You, Peep: Dioramas inside dioramas? Yes! Epic Hollywood romance dioramas in Peep form? Mind. blown.
20. Miley Peep-rus: This peep-ified version of the infamous VMA performance is perfect down to the “hair” nubbins, foam finger, red lips and tongue sticking out.
21. Chilean Mine Rescue: Portraying the 2010 Copiapó Mine rescue, this epic diorama is a heartwarming depiction of Peep-les working together.
22. Minions in Congress: This might be the best Congress yet.
23. Mount Peepmore: The founding peepfathers carved in stone? Now that’s a sweet monument we would love to see.
24. Peep Wee Herman’s Playhouse: Now this takes us back, way back. Mr. Window, Clockey and Chairy all in the playhouse having fun.
25. Peep Art: So. cool. We are especially loving this marshmallow rendition of Andy Warhol.
26. Peeped: These ‘mallow chefs are here to wow you with their mad cooking and chopping skills.
27. SpongeBob Peep Pants: Everything is better down where it’s wetter — just take it from Spongebob Peep Pants and his whole ‘mallow-filled, sugar-crusted crew.
28. RelativiPeep: In this portrayal of the famous M.C. Escher painting, Peeps gravity defies all laws. We are lovin’ the black + white with pops of fluff-filled color.
29. Snow White and the Seven Peeps: Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose Peeps fairytale diorama is the fairest of them all?
30. Spinal Peep: Coming soon to theaters near you: This Is Spinal Peep.
31. Super Peepio Brothers: Don’t worry peep princess, Mario and Luigi are here to rescue you one airy, fluffy jump at a time.
32. Synchronized Peeping Practice: Who knew Peeps could be so graceful in water?
33. TSA Agents Get a Peep Show: Even sweet and innocent Peeps have to wait in those long airport lines.
34. Peep Tiki: All hail the mighty Peep-iki.
35. SimPeeps: We wouldn’t mind seeing the entire cast of The Simpsons peep-ified. Moe’s Tavern, Kwik-E-Mart, Montgomery Burn’s mansion, the list goes on.
36. Peep’s Arc: The fate of the entire animal peepdom lays in the hands of one sugary marshmallow.
37. Peepius Maximus: While this lil guy ain’t no Russell Crowe, he is definitely just as brave and soft on the inside.
38. iPeep Nano: We wouldn’t mind having a little bunny-shaped handheld electronic device, especially if they came is such fun, bright colors like these ones.
39. The Most Repeeped Peep Ever: These A-list Peeps are setting Peeper records with their #selfie.
40. Call of Booty: And our favorite finalist from this year’s competition? The award goes to “Peeper Magazine’s ‘Break into Spring’ edition.” That’s it. Peep Kardashian just broke the Internet. Shutting down….
Have you built anything with Peeps? Are you looking to enter the Peeps Show next year? Let’s talk Peeps in the comments below!
(Images via The Washington Post)