10 Phone Accessories That Could Make You Insta-Famous
It’s hard to remember a world without Instagram, but it must have been a dark, scary place where our eggs Benedict didn’t get nearly the attention they deserved. And did we seriously wait for magazines to see what celebrity hairstyles would be the next big thing? Thankfully, the app has made it easier than ever to share travel photos, find style inspiration, follow artists and even create videos and share music with anyone from across the world. If your Instagram is a reflection of how you view the world, then you definitely want it to look good. We’re sharing a few hacks for stepping up your phone photography without splurging on crazy expensive gear.
1. Pocket Spotlight ($30) We’re all familiar with the deer-in-the-headlights look or washed-out subjects that are the result of an ill-timed camera flash. With the help of this continuous pocket-size spotlight, you can tweak lighting to work exactly the way you want it to.
2. Monster Telephoto Lens Kit ($35) Don’t you hate when you want to capture an awesome view, like a concert or the view from the summit of your hike, and your phone lens isn’t cutting it? With this lens upgrade, you’ll be able to do justice to your next photo-worthy scape.
3. Phoneography Starter Kit ($30): Be well on your way to pro status with a wide/macro lens, a Phone-o-chrome phone filter, a full scholarship to Photojojo University and a pouch to hold it all.
4. Bluetooth Selfie Stick ($35): Love it or hate it, sometimes your arms aren’t long enough to get all your friends in the photo, and that’s when the selfie stick is your new best friend.
5. Phone-o-chrome Filter ($15): This #IRL filter does everything your Instagram filters can’t. Make photos look old-timey, warm them up and cool them down just by holding this teensy filter over your phone lens.
6. Smartphone Spy Lens ($20): All you sneaksters can capture great candid photos with the help of this lens, which lets you hold your phone at a natural angle while taking photos straight ahead. Shhh, don’t tell anyone.
7. Bluetooth Camera Shutter Remote ($25): No one’s getting left out of the group photo anymore! Simply prop up your phone and take photos from up to 90 feet away.
8. Solar-Powered Phone Charger ($79): Your phone camera can be a real drain on battery, especially if you’re using extra equipment, but fret not — with this solar-powered charger, two-percent battery life won’t put a kink in the photoshoot fun.
9. Concrete Confetti Fanny Pack ($32): You didn’t think you were just going to carry all this stuff around, did you? No way, Jose. This fanny pack is your best friend for keeping your hands free and your equipment at your side.
10. Polaroid 600 Camera + Film Set ($122): Oh, right! This is what we did before Instagram. Hey, wait, this was kind of fun too. Anybody want to get retro with us?
Doing it right on Instagram? Share your tips with us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)