10 Phone Accessories That Could Make You Insta-Famous
It’s hard to remember a world without Instagram, but it must have been a dark, scary place where our eggs Benedict didn’t get nearly the attention they deserved. And did we seriously wait for magazines to see what celebrity hairstyles would be the next big thing? Thankfully, the app has made it easier than ever to share travel photos, find style inspiration, follow artists and even create videos and share music with anyone from across the world. If your Instagram is a reflection of how you view the world, then you definitely want it to look good. We’re sharing a few hacks for stepping up your phone photography without splurging on crazy expensive gear.
1. Pocket Spotlight ($30) We’re all familiar with the deer-in-the-headlights look or washed-out subjects that are the result of an ill-timed camera flash. With the help of this continuous pocket-size spotlight, you can tweak lighting to work exactly the way you want it to.
2. Monster Telephoto Lens Kit ($35) Don’t you hate when you want to capture an awesome view, like a concert or the view from the summit of your hike, and your phone lens isn’t cutting it? With this lens upgrade, you’ll be able to do justice to your next photo-worthy scape.
3. Phoneography Starter Kit ($30): Be well on your way to pro status with a wide/macro lens, a Phone-o-chrome phone filter, a full scholarship to Photojojo University and a pouch to hold it all.
4. Bluetooth Selfie Stick ($35): Love it or hate it, sometimes your arms aren’t long enough to get all your friends in the photo, and that’s when the selfie stick is your new best friend.
5. Phone-o-chrome Filter ($15): This #IRL filter does everything your Instagram filters can’t. Make photos look old-timey, warm them up and cool them down just by holding this teensy filter over your phone lens.
6. Smartphone Spy Lens ($20): All you sneaksters can capture great candid photos with the help of this lens, which lets you hold your phone at a natural angle while taking photos straight ahead. Shhh, don’t tell anyone.
7. Bluetooth Camera Shutter Remote ($25): No one’s getting left out of the group photo anymore! Simply prop up your phone and take photos from up to 90 feet away.
8. Solar-Powered Phone Charger ($79): Your phone camera can be a real drain on battery, especially if you’re using extra equipment, but fret not — with this solar-powered charger, two-percent battery life won’t put a kink in the photoshoot fun.
9. Concrete Confetti Fanny Pack ($32): You didn’t think you were just going to carry all this stuff around, did you? No way, Jose. This fanny pack is your best friend for keeping your hands free and your equipment at your side.
10. Polaroid 600 Camera + Film Set ($122): Oh, right! This is what we did before Instagram. Hey, wait, this was kind of fun too. Anybody want to get retro with us?
Doing it right on Instagram? Share your tips with us in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.