The Top 5 Holiday Fashion Trends of 2018, According to Pinterest
With over 235 million Pinterest boards relating to holiday fashion and beauty, party planning, and more, Pinterest is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the holidays. That’s precisely why we hit up Pinterest’s 2018 Holiday Celebrations Report to find out exactly which seasonal trends are already getting pinned A LOT this year. If you’re planning the perfect party getup or just upgrading your winter wardrobe, we have the top holiday fashion ideas (and shoppable picks) to inspire every winter outfit ahead.
1. Faux Leather Earrings: Festive and texturally rich, faux leather is the lightweight answer to wearing oversized earrings minus the weight. Pinning this statement style has increased by a whopping 2,831 percent this season, so whether you decide to buy or DIY your own pair, you’ll be totally on-trend for the holidays. (Photo via Brit + Co)
2. Popcorn Cardigans: It’s officially sweater weather and evidently popcorn, or bobble, cardigans are all the rage RN. Up 1,395 percent, special knitted lewks like the Madewell x Manos del Uruguay Bobble Cardigan Sweater ($500) are sure to become your cutest and coziest winter layer.
3. Sequin Jumpsuits: Even though we wear sequins year-round, the holidays are when they truly shine. Already seeing a 280 percent increase, sparkly numbers like the Saylor NYC Jojo Romper ($264) will make you shimmer at December parties and on New Year’s Eve and beyond.
4. Silk Satin Tops: A really nice blouse can elevate an outfit from basic to beautiful instantly. It shouldn’t be surprising, then, that silky-smooth tops like the Sézane Emmy Blouse ($120) have risen in popularity by 231 percent. Pair with your darkest denim and a pair of embellished flats to stun at every festive party ahead.
5. Knit Pleated Skirts: A good skirt is hard to find, which is why we’re always here for a good pleat. Up 75 percent, knitted skirts with the pleats — like the H&M Skirt With Tie Belt ($30) — are designed for comfort *and* good looks. Pair with bold tights, black booties, and your chunkiest sweaters for the winter wardrobe win.
What winter fashion trends have you pinned this season? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.