The Top 5 Holiday Fashion Trends of 2018, According to Pinterest
With over 235 million Pinterest boards relating to holiday fashion and beauty, party planning, and more, Pinterest is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the holidays. That’s precisely why we hit up Pinterest’s 2018 Holiday Celebrations Report to find out exactly which seasonal trends are already getting pinned A LOT this year. If you’re planning the perfect party getup or just upgrading your winter wardrobe, we have the top holiday fashion ideas (and shoppable picks) to inspire every winter outfit ahead.
1. Faux Leather Earrings: Festive and texturally rich, faux leather is the lightweight answer to wearing oversized earrings minus the weight. Pinning this statement style has increased by a whopping 2,831 percent this season, so whether you decide to buy or DIY your own pair, you’ll be totally on-trend for the holidays. (Photo via Brit + Co)
2. Popcorn Cardigans: It’s officially sweater weather and evidently popcorn, or bobble, cardigans are all the rage RN. Up 1,395 percent, special knitted lewks like the Madewell x Manos del Uruguay Bobble Cardigan Sweater ($500) are sure to become your cutest and coziest winter layer.
3. Sequin Jumpsuits: Even though we wear sequins year-round, the holidays are when they truly shine. Already seeing a 280 percent increase, sparkly numbers like the Saylor NYC Jojo Romper ($264) will make you shimmer at December parties and on New Year’s Eve and beyond.
4. Silk Satin Tops: A really nice blouse can elevate an outfit from basic to beautiful instantly. It shouldn’t be surprising, then, that silky-smooth tops like the Sézane Emmy Blouse ($120) have risen in popularity by 231 percent. Pair with your darkest denim and a pair of embellished flats to stun at every festive party ahead.
5. Knit Pleated Skirts: A good skirt is hard to find, which is why we’re always here for a good pleat. Up 75 percent, knitted skirts with the pleats — like the H&M Skirt With Tie Belt ($30) — are designed for comfort *and* good looks. Pair with bold tights, black booties, and your chunkiest sweaters for the winter wardrobe win.
What winter fashion trends have you pinned this season? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)