19 Stylish Ways to Upgrade Your Porch
Summertime means lots and lots of outdoor chill sessions are coming our way. Besides chilling at the beach or park, one of our fave places to hang after work or on the weekends is our beloved porch. It’s the perfect place to wind down or have an impromptu Friday night gathering with friends and neighbors. If you’re like us and your outdoor space is in need of a little sprucing up after those month of hibernation, we’ve got just what you need. Get the cocktails ready and scroll through for some of our favorite porch (or patio) accessories that will make you wish you never had to leave your cozy and oh-so-stylish space.
2. Fringe Hammock ($118): This cheerful fringe hammock comes in an assortment of colors to fit your style. Lay back, grab a drink and a book, and get ready to feel like you’re on a tropical vacay.
Mosquitoes can ruin a great night outside. Keep the insects away without repelling your guests with these DIY citronella candles. (via Stop to Smell the Hydrangeas)
4. Tablecloth ($20): If you’re hosting a dinner party or picnic on your front lawn, this tablecloth is sure to carefully (and colorfully) keep those crumbs in check.
5. Doormat ($50): Don’t forget a doormat so your guests won’t accidentally dirty your floors when they go inside. With all this cute new stuff you’ll have on your porch, we think this one is a good deterrent.
6. String Lights ($16-$98): These dainty string lights are sure to twinkle and dazzle as you sit cozily on your porch.
7. Throw Pillows ($39): Throw pillows are another way to add color and comfort to your porch. Choose pillows covered in outdoor-friendly material to avoid fading or wear.
9. Mason Jar Shaker Set ($50): This cocktail kit has all of the tools you need to stir, shake or muddle up those refreshing afternoon cocktails.
10. Chevron Hanging Planter ($44): Whether housing an herb garden or colorful succulents, these hand-carved planters will add both color and greenery to your porch.
Give old furniture new life by adding a coat of paint and using it as an outdoor piece. In this case, an old TV stand was turned into a stylish bar cart for all of those late-night porch cocktails. (via The Chronicles of Home)
12. Garden in a Can Kit ($10): No green thumb is required to cultivate your own tiny garden when you have these easy-peasy can gardens. Plants range from mint, chili peppers, basil and more.
13. Cube Butler Tray Table ($97): Add a little minimalist function with this metal end table. It’s made with durable materials and will last through quite a few years of holding drinks, food or whatever else you decide to store on the surface. It also comes in red if you are looking for a little pop of color.
14. Acrylic Beverage Dispenser ($40): If you’re having more than a couple guests over, mix up a batch of sangria in this outdoor-friendly acrylic beverage dispenser.
15. Skylark Lantern Collection ($18-$50): Switch out your string of lights for these copper lanterns that will look stylish both during the day and when lit up at night.
16. Ombre Acrylic Wine Glasses ($12 for 6): These acrylic glasses are perfect for serving cocktails outdoors. Plus, they come in a variety of colors and stack for easy storage when not in use.
17. Harlequin Rug ($350): Rather than dealing with the upkeep of staining or painting your porch, use a bright patterned rug to add a pop of color to the space.
18. Copper Drink Tub ($100): Keep this copper tub on hand and store the essentials on ice so guests can enjoy an ice-cold water or beer without getting up from their seat.
Spruce up those pots and start your own herb garden this summer. Just imagine picking fresh mint to muddle for those mojitos at your next porchtime HH. (via Brit + Co)