The other day we yanked our shorts and swimsuits out of the back of the closet, and while we were standing there staring at them, thinking about squeezing into them, we decided it’s time to go back into full health mode. More than ever, now’s the time to get our bods back into tip-top shape. We’ve shared our favorite spring-worthy workouts and post-workout snacks, so now we’re getting personal with recipes you can make in your own kitchen. These homemade power bar recipes are sure to keep you going, whether powering through a workout or a work day!
1. Peanut Butter Oat Granola Bars: These no-bake bars are packed with flavor and easy to grab on the go! Did we mention they take less than 15 minutes to whip up? Yup, we’re fans. (via What’s Baking in the Barbershop?)
4. Espresso Almond Power Bars: We all know power bars are a great source for energy. And with espresso in the mix? We dare you to indulge with your morning cup of coffee. You’ll be ready to conquer the world by noon! (via Serving Up Fort Collins)
5. Quinoa Fruit and Nut Bars: Quinoa is ever so popular these days, and yes, it’s even making its way into power bars. Trust us: This recipe will satisfy the “healthy nut” in everyone. (via Almonds & Avocados)
6. Homemade Larabars: Larabar fans everywhere love the fact that the ingredient list is simple, and this homemade version is no different. Why buy them in bulk when you can make them at home? (via Jesse Monds)
9. Pumpkin Pie Power Bars: Think pumpkin is only for the fall? Think again. These soft and chewy power bars are not only perfect for breakfast on-the-go or a post workout snack, they’re kid-friendly too! (via Parade)
12. Super Food Energy Bars with Cacao: Chia seeds, walnuts and dates? Need we say more? These bars take the cake when it comes to fiber and protein. Oh and did we mention they taste like cake too?! (via This Rawsome Vegan Life)
15. Brownie Power Bars: A power bar that tastes like a brownie? You don’t have to tell us twice! These chewy bars truly do taste like brownies. The fact that they’re healthy and packed full of protein is almost unbelievable. (via Cooking a la Mel)
17. Fudgy Millionare’s Protein Bars: Replace your afternoon candy bar with one of these gooey treats. Between the chocolate, almond butter and caramel, we can’t decide what we love most. (via Desserts with Benefits)
19. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars: Let’s face it. We’re all suckers for raw cookie dough. But spare yourself the consequences that can come from eating raw eggs, and whip these up instead. (via Desserts with Benefits)
What’s your favorite go-to power bar? We’re dying to know! Share with us in the comments below.