25 Pretty Rugs to Perk Up Your Space
We could tell you all about how each of these rugs will take you on a magic carpet ride. Or we could tell you about how they’ll definitely make you want to put on the latest Girl Talk album and cut a rug. Or we can just let all these gorgeous colors, patterns, and textures do the talking. Here are 25 beautiful rugs, perfect for perking up your space.
1. Blue Scalloped Rug ($20-$100): The scalloped pattern in this rug makes us think of summer, the beach, and Sally selling seashells by the seashore.
2. Istanbul Rug ($149-$999): We’re pretty into this whole scene! Old school jams, rustic floorboards, and a beautiful minimal rug.
3. Geo-Diamond Rug ($99): If a firework were to reincarnate in rug form, we think it would look like this.
5. Rainbow Zig Zag Rug ($24): Love this boho chic bit of floor beauty.
6. Loom Insitu Collection: A shop in Australia, Loom creates incredibly unique, colorful, beautiful rugs for the home. Might need to plan a field trip!
7. Shag Rug ($29-$89): Any way you want it, shag’s the way you need it! And yes, we just referenced Journey.
8. Flutter Pattern Rug ($78-$1,298): This lovely one makes us think of looking through a kaleidoscope… and we like it.
9. Kabuki Cotton Printed Dhurri ($39-$99): This almost looks like denim – love all the different patterns at play in a somewhat muted palette.
10. Runners by Claudia Mills ($780 and up): How amazing and springy are these runners? Swoon.
11. Ewe Block Rug ($89): We love the sort of 8-bit digital quality this rug’s rocking.
12. Chevron Wool Rug ($149-$999): Chevron! Really in love with Alyson Fox’s textiles.
13. Digit Collection (contact to order): Pixelated rug? Yes, please.
14. Losanges Rug ($4,741): At over $4,000, this is definitely an investment piece and an incredibly beautiful one.
15. Half Dot Rug ($44): Feeling a little indecisive on the age old polka dots versus florals quandary? ;)
16. Cutouts Wool Rug ($129-$799): This modern is like a 60s take on a more muted, minimal palette.
17. Queen of England Stamp Rug (contact to order): Wait, what? Yeah. This is a real carpet you can buy.
18. Minar Rug ($698): On the left we have the Minar rug, richly hued and hand loomed.
19. Tufted Chimbor Rug ($448-$698): And on the right, we’ve got texture, texture, and more texture!
20. Rainbow Rug ($180): Speaking of texture, this rug was made with a ton, and I mean a TON, of wool balls.
21. Stencil Wool Rug ($90-$650): Another one designed by Alyson Fox, we love the offbeat look of this stencil design.
22. Felt Dot Carpets ($1,600): More felt balls! Stitched by hand, each of these rugs was made with over 1,000 felted wool spheres.
23. Kiara Rug ($78-$1,298): Tribal-inspired textiles are all over the place at the moment, and your floor should be no exception.
25. Sonya Winner Rugs ($945 and up): Giant piles of colorful shapes? Why yes, that is right up our alley. Bookmarking this for Brit HQ.
Bonus! Anthropocene: These works of art were created by David Thomas Smith based on Google Maps. He reworks each map into a piece inspired by traditional Persian carpet patterns. Pretty amazing.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.