25 Pretty Rugs to Perk Up Your Space
We could tell you all about how each of these rugs will take you on a magic carpet ride. Or we could tell you about how they’ll definitely make you want to put on the latest Girl Talk album and cut a rug. Or we can just let all these gorgeous colors, patterns, and textures do the talking. Here are 25 beautiful rugs, perfect for perking up your space.
1. Blue Scalloped Rug ($20-$100): The scalloped pattern in this rug makes us think of summer, the beach, and Sally selling seashells by the seashore.
2. Istanbul Rug ($149-$999): We’re pretty into this whole scene! Old school jams, rustic floorboards, and a beautiful minimal rug.
3. Geo-Diamond Rug ($99): If a firework were to reincarnate in rug form, we think it would look like this.
5. Rainbow Zig Zag Rug ($24): Love this boho chic bit of floor beauty.
6. Loom Insitu Collection: A shop in Australia, Loom creates incredibly unique, colorful, beautiful rugs for the home. Might need to plan a field trip!
7. Shag Rug ($29-$89): Any way you want it, shag’s the way you need it! And yes, we just referenced Journey.
8. Flutter Pattern Rug ($78-$1,298): This lovely one makes us think of looking through a kaleidoscope… and we like it.
9. Kabuki Cotton Printed Dhurri ($39-$99): This almost looks like denim – love all the different patterns at play in a somewhat muted palette.
10. Runners by Claudia Mills ($780 and up): How amazing and springy are these runners? Swoon.
11. Ewe Block Rug ($89): We love the sort of 8-bit digital quality this rug’s rocking.
12. Chevron Wool Rug ($149-$999): Chevron! Really in love with Alyson Fox’s textiles.
13. Digit Collection (contact to order): Pixelated rug? Yes, please.
14. Losanges Rug ($4,741): At over $4,000, this is definitely an investment piece and an incredibly beautiful one.
15. Half Dot Rug ($44): Feeling a little indecisive on the age old polka dots versus florals quandary? ;)
16. Cutouts Wool Rug ($129-$799): This modern is like a 60s take on a more muted, minimal palette.
17. Queen of England Stamp Rug (contact to order): Wait, what? Yeah. This is a real carpet you can buy.
18. Minar Rug ($698): On the left we have the Minar rug, richly hued and hand loomed.
19. Tufted Chimbor Rug ($448-$698): And on the right, we’ve got texture, texture, and more texture!
20. Rainbow Rug ($180): Speaking of texture, this rug was made with a ton, and I mean a TON, of wool balls.
21. Stencil Wool Rug ($90-$650): Another one designed by Alyson Fox, we love the offbeat look of this stencil design.
22. Felt Dot Carpets ($1,600): More felt balls! Stitched by hand, each of these rugs was made with over 1,000 felted wool spheres.
23. Kiara Rug ($78-$1,298): Tribal-inspired textiles are all over the place at the moment, and your floor should be no exception.
25. Sonya Winner Rugs ($945 and up): Giant piles of colorful shapes? Why yes, that is right up our alley. Bookmarking this for Brit HQ.
Bonus! Anthropocene: These works of art were created by David Thomas Smith based on Google Maps. He reworks each map into a piece inspired by traditional Persian carpet patterns. Pretty amazing.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.