25 Pretty Rugs to Perk Up Your Space
We could tell you all about how each of these rugs will take you on a magic carpet ride. Or we could tell you about how they’ll definitely make you want to put on the latest Girl Talk album and cut a rug. Or we can just let all these gorgeous colors, patterns, and textures do the talking. Here are 25 beautiful rugs, perfect for perking up your space.
1. Blue Scalloped Rug ($20-$100): The scalloped pattern in this rug makes us think of summer, the beach, and Sally selling seashells by the seashore.
2. Istanbul Rug ($149-$999): We’re pretty into this whole scene! Old school jams, rustic floorboards, and a beautiful minimal rug.
3. Geo-Diamond Rug ($99): If a firework were to reincarnate in rug form, we think it would look like this.
5. Rainbow Zig Zag Rug ($24): Love this boho chic bit of floor beauty.
6. Loom Insitu Collection: A shop in Australia, Loom creates incredibly unique, colorful, beautiful rugs for the home. Might need to plan a field trip!
7. Shag Rug ($29-$89): Any way you want it, shag’s the way you need it! And yes, we just referenced Journey.
8. Flutter Pattern Rug ($78-$1,298): This lovely one makes us think of looking through a kaleidoscope… and we like it.
9. Kabuki Cotton Printed Dhurri ($39-$99): This almost looks like denim – love all the different patterns at play in a somewhat muted palette.
10. Runners by Claudia Mills ($780 and up): How amazing and springy are these runners? Swoon.
11. Ewe Block Rug ($89): We love the sort of 8-bit digital quality this rug’s rocking.
12. Chevron Wool Rug ($149-$999): Chevron! Really in love with Alyson Fox’s textiles.
13. Digit Collection (contact to order): Pixelated rug? Yes, please.
14. Losanges Rug ($4,741): At over $4,000, this is definitely an investment piece and an incredibly beautiful one.
15. Half Dot Rug ($44): Feeling a little indecisive on the age old polka dots versus florals quandary? ;)
16. Cutouts Wool Rug ($129-$799): This modern is like a 60s take on a more muted, minimal palette.
17. Queen of England Stamp Rug (contact to order): Wait, what? Yeah. This is a real carpet you can buy.
18. Minar Rug ($698): On the left we have the Minar rug, richly hued and hand loomed.
19. Tufted Chimbor Rug ($448-$698): And on the right, we’ve got texture, texture, and more texture!
20. Rainbow Rug ($180): Speaking of texture, this rug was made with a ton, and I mean a TON, of wool balls.
21. Stencil Wool Rug ($90-$650): Another one designed by Alyson Fox, we love the offbeat look of this stencil design.
22. Felt Dot Carpets ($1,600): More felt balls! Stitched by hand, each of these rugs was made with over 1,000 felted wool spheres.
23. Kiara Rug ($78-$1,298): Tribal-inspired textiles are all over the place at the moment, and your floor should be no exception.
25. Sonya Winner Rugs ($945 and up): Giant piles of colorful shapes? Why yes, that is right up our alley. Bookmarking this for Brit HQ.
Bonus! Anthropocene: These works of art were created by David Thomas Smith based on Google Maps. He reworks each map into a piece inspired by traditional Persian carpet patterns. Pretty amazing.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.