25 Pretty Rugs to Perk Up Your Space
We could tell you all about how each of these rugs will take you on a magic carpet ride. Or we could tell you about how they’ll definitely make you want to put on the latest Girl Talk album and cut a rug. Or we can just let all these gorgeous colors, patterns, and textures do the talking. Here are 25 beautiful rugs, perfect for perking up your space.
1. Blue Scalloped Rug ($20-$100): The scalloped pattern in this rug makes us think of summer, the beach, and Sally selling seashells by the seashore.
2. Istanbul Rug ($149-$999): We’re pretty into this whole scene! Old school jams, rustic floorboards, and a beautiful minimal rug.
3. Geo-Diamond Rug ($99): If a firework were to reincarnate in rug form, we think it would look like this.
5. Rainbow Zig Zag Rug ($24): Love this boho chic bit of floor beauty.
6. Loom Insitu Collection: A shop in Australia, Loom creates incredibly unique, colorful, beautiful rugs for the home. Might need to plan a field trip!
7. Shag Rug ($29-$89): Any way you want it, shag’s the way you need it! And yes, we just referenced Journey.
8. Flutter Pattern Rug ($78-$1,298): This lovely one makes us think of looking through a kaleidoscope… and we like it.
9. Kabuki Cotton Printed Dhurri ($39-$99): This almost looks like denim – love all the different patterns at play in a somewhat muted palette.
10. Runners by Claudia Mills ($780 and up): How amazing and springy are these runners? Swoon.
11. Ewe Block Rug ($89): We love the sort of 8-bit digital quality this rug’s rocking.
12. Chevron Wool Rug ($149-$999): Chevron! Really in love with Alyson Fox’s textiles.
13. Digit Collection (contact to order): Pixelated rug? Yes, please.
14. Losanges Rug ($4,741): At over $4,000, this is definitely an investment piece and an incredibly beautiful one.
15. Half Dot Rug ($44): Feeling a little indecisive on the age old polka dots versus florals quandary? ;)
16. Cutouts Wool Rug ($129-$799): This modern is like a 60s take on a more muted, minimal palette.
17. Queen of England Stamp Rug (contact to order): Wait, what? Yeah. This is a real carpet you can buy.
18. Minar Rug ($698): On the left we have the Minar rug, richly hued and hand loomed.
19. Tufted Chimbor Rug ($448-$698): And on the right, we’ve got texture, texture, and more texture!
20. Rainbow Rug ($180): Speaking of texture, this rug was made with a ton, and I mean a TON, of wool balls.
21. Stencil Wool Rug ($90-$650): Another one designed by Alyson Fox, we love the offbeat look of this stencil design.
22. Felt Dot Carpets ($1,600): More felt balls! Stitched by hand, each of these rugs was made with over 1,000 felted wool spheres.
23. Kiara Rug ($78-$1,298): Tribal-inspired textiles are all over the place at the moment, and your floor should be no exception.
25. Sonya Winner Rugs ($945 and up): Giant piles of colorful shapes? Why yes, that is right up our alley. Bookmarking this for Brit HQ.
Bonus! Anthropocene: These works of art were created by David Thomas Smith based on Google Maps. He reworks each map into a piece inspired by traditional Persian carpet patterns. Pretty amazing.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)