13 Ways to Pair the Sweet + Salty Combo of Prosciutto and Melon
If you’ve ever taken a trip to Italy (or had a scroll on Pinterest), you’ll have likely seen the unusual pairing of prosciutto and cantaloupe. It may sound like a strange flavor combination, but rest assured that the sweet and salty treat is *definitely* all it’s cracked up to be and more. If you’ve been looking for the perfect no-cook appetizer or panini for lunch, then you need to get on the prosciutto and melon train. To give you an idea of how to pair the two flavors, take a look at the 13 drool-worthy options we’ve listed below.
1. Melon and Prosciutto Pasta Salad: No summer potluck is complete without a fresh pasta salad to liven up the buffet line. Try this one using gemelli and adding a ton of spinach, along with fresh mozzarella, melon, and prosciutto. (via Shockingly Delicious)
2. Fresh Basil Salad With Prosciutto Wrapped Melon and Toasted Seed Rolled Goat Cheese: Nothing impresses a crowd quite like a gorgeous farmers’ market salad. Finish with a few delicate touches like goat cheese rolled in seeds and cantaloupe slices wrapped in prosciutto to make it really OTT. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Chilled Honeydew-Avocado Soup With Crispy Prosciutto: You may instinctively reach for cantaloupe to pair with prosciutto, but honeydew is lovely with it as well. Try using the melon in a refreshing chilled soup and garnish with a sprinkling of pan-fried prosciutto for balance. (via 10th Kitchen)
4. Prosciutto Melon Panini: When you get tired of bringing the same old lunch every day, whip up this jealousy-inducing panini. It involves a cantaloupe jam that you’ll want to keep in your fridge at all times. (via Good Housekeeping)
5. Mango Melon Soup With Pickled Cucumber: Let’s hope you’re ready for a total flavor explosion, because that’s what you’re going to get with this soup. Sweet mango and cantaloupe, salty prosciutto, sour pickles, toasted pine nuts, and spicy pepper flakes will light your taste buds aflame with just one slurp. (via Running to the Kitchen)
6. Sweet and Salty Melon and Prosciutto Risotto: You can never have too many date night recipes, and this risotto is one you’ll come back to over and over. Pair with a nice dry white wine and your boo will be swooning before you know it. (via Make It Mediterranean)
7. Ricotta, Cantaloupe Melon Jam, and Prosciutto Bruschetta: Be prepared for these bruschetta to fly off of the platter as soon your dinner guests get a peek. They’ll think that you’re a culinary rockstar, but only you’ll know how easy they are. (via Figs and Pigs)
8. Melon and Prosciutto Flatbread With Arugula and Goat Cheese: When you crave a change from the cheesy tomato-based flatbreads you’re used to, opt for something like this melon and prosciutto variation. The minimal toppings make for a perfectly crispy and buttery crust that’s simply addicting. (via Set the Table)
10. Mini Crispy Prosciutto Melon Appetizer Cups: This spin on the popular phyllo cup appetizer is one that your friends won’t expect. Make them for a picnic or an outdoor shower for an instant hit. (via Cook the Story)
11. Prosciutto Melon Skewers: You’ve likely seen a few versions of these skewers floating around the internet for years, and they’re popular for good reason. All you need is bocconcini, cantaloupe, prosciutto, and basil to create an appetizer that seems *way* more labor intensive than it really is. (via The Healthy Foodie)
12. Prosciutto, Melon, and Provolone Grilled Cheese: Seriously, you can’t have too many grilled cheese recipes in your arsenal, amirite? This one gets its gooeyness from provolone and is highlighted by the delicate flavors of melon, honey, and prosciutto. (via Kudos Kitchen by Renée)
13. Melon, Blue Cheese, Prosciutto, and Basil Canapés: If you like the idea of a prosciutto and melon skewer, but you want the flavor to be a bit bolder, swap the mozzarella for a hearty blue cheese. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic, and you’ll be amazed at how well everything works together. (via The Pretty Blog)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.