Sorry to all the delicious homemade loaves out there, but there’s a new dough in town. Pull-apart bread (also known as monkey bread, depending on how it’s baked) is the easiest, fresh-baked party dish out there — an appetizer, bread basket and, sometimes, even dessert all in one. With flavors ranging from savory to sweet, you can make more than one for your next dinner party; guests will love permission to eat with their hands! So tear away at these 30 mouthwatering recipes.
2. Jalapeño Popper: Yep, you read that right. The spicy finger-food favorite got a carb-loaded makeover. Peppers, bacon, cheese and even the Ranch dipping sauce are stuffed between pieces of sourdough bread. (via Food Babbles)
5. Cheesy Monkey Bread: Three ingredients — crescent bread dough, shredded cheddar and butter — are all you need to make this savory monkey bread. Oh, and some self control to keep from eating the whole thing yourself! (via Brit + Co.)
7. PB+J: We’d love to pack this whole loaf for lunch! Biscuit dough is held together with the ultimate classic, peanut butter and jelly, then drizzled with peanut butter glaze and crushed Reese’s Puffs. Talk about topping it off! (via Tablespoon)
8. Mozzarella Pizza Bread: Instead of calling the delivery guy, just whip up this cheesy loaf. Stuff sourdough bread with shredded mozzarella cheese, then leave out marinara for dipping. (via Foodie Crush)
11. Cranberry Brie: Up your cheese plate game with this sophisticated appetizer. Each pull from this savory-sweet creation is loaded with layers of baked brie and tart caramelized cranberries. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
12. Spinach Feta: Sometimes, it’s the simplest combinations that taste best. Flaky layers of bread, spinach leaves and feta cheese make up this simple but delicious Mediterranean loaf. (via Bakeaholic Mama)
13. Monkey Bread Muffins: When it comes to mini versions of anything, we’re sold. These portions of monkey bread, perfect for a party or your daily breakfast, had us at “muffin.” (via Macaroni and Cheesecake)
14. Apple Pie: We didn’t think it was possible, but this sweet bread recipe definitely one-ups your traditional, All-American apple pie. That’s thanks to the warm layers of fresh apples, cinnamon and pastry dough, topped with a sweet vanilla glaze. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
19. Rolo S’mores: No need to turn on the oven. This monkey bread can be made on the stove or even over the campfire. Just top graham cracker-coated biscuit dough with marshmallows and Rolos, then bake until it’s gooey and melty in a skillet. (via Picky Palate)
21. Carrot Cake: Instead of biscuit dough, each ball of this monkey bread is made from delicious carrot cake. Put the finishing touch on yours with the best part of carrot cake — sweet cream cheese frosting. (via Something Swanky)
24. Hot Chocolate: All the flavors you love in a warm steamy cup of hot chocolate now in bite-sized form! This version is filled with chocolate, cinnamon and walnuts, then drizzled with marshmallow cream and even more chocolate. (via The Dutch Bakers Daughter)
28. Cake Batter: Who needs birthday cake when you can get all the delicious flavor with no slicing required? We love this loaf-turned-cake for any celebration, with its sweet mix of sourdough, yellow cake batter and, of course, sprinkles! (via Chef in Training)
In the mood to pull some more? What flavors would you stuff your bread with? Tell us below!