10 Punny Desk Accessories That Will Make Even the Office Grouch Chuckle
It’s only been a week since winter break, but you’ve got a serious case of the Mondays (us too — in fact, we’re considering moving to Sweden to get in on their sweet six-hour workday). You’ve tried everything you can think of to brighten up the nine-to-five routine, from adding a pop of pink to your work wear to organizing your entire life with a new planning app, but it’s time for a new strategy. Check out these puntacular office supplies for a sure-fire midday giggle break to cut your office blues in half.
2. Queenie’s Cards Dim Sum Bookmark ($3): Whether you’re reading on your lunch break or keeping track of your page in the quarterly report, this adorable animated bookmark is sure to keep you smiling throughout your day.
3. Vitamini So Long Going Away Card ($5): Stash this adorable dachshund card (handmade in California!) in your desk for endless chuckles.
4. Paper Source I Think You’re Sharp Pencils ($10/set of seven): These pencils are your biggest cheerleader. No matter what the workday has in store for you, a quick glance at these chic pink number twos will give you all the motivation you need to make today awesome.
5. Mod Pop Deco Get Chic Done Print ($7+): For a daily reminder to work hard and stay fabulous, keep this punny print nearby at all times.
6. Have a Little Pun: An Illustrated Play on Words ($15): Need a little break from the office drama? Flip through this beautifully illustrated coffee table book for punbelievable enjoyment.
7. Typo Smooth Operator Gel Pen ($3): What do you get when you add a hit song from the ’80s to all the fun and nostalgia of ’90s gel pens? A punny good time.
8. MomoDigital Donut Give Up Humor Print ($3): No matter what your work day is hitting you with, remember what the master once said: Do or donut, there is no try.
9. Michael Oliveri Studio Lasercut Rulers Rule ($7): Created by Los Angeles native Michael Oliveri, this lasercut ruler is a marvel of motivation.
10. Sugar Paper Brass Snail Mail Letter Opener ($120): Decadent and hilarious, this solid brass snail mail opener is so subtle, your coworkers just might wonder why you’re chuckling to yourself while you open those memos.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!