6 Reasons to Watch Milo Ventimiglia’s OTHER New Show This Fall in Prep for Gilmore Girls
Is fall the best time of year because of that ingrained back-to-school renewal feeling? Or because of pumpkin spice everything? It’s fall style trends, isn’t it? Truth is, it’s all of these things, but it’s ALSO all the amazing fall TV. Traditional release schedules feel a little bit like a thing of the past, with January premieres, summer shows and, of course, Netflix releasing amazing stuff every month. But, call us traditional — we still can’t help but love September premiere dates.
1. The hype is very, very real. When the first trailer for the show was released back in May, it set records by getting 55 million views in just 11 days. It now sits at 65 million, and with the plays it has accumulated on nbc.com and Youtube, it’s upwards of 100 million views. We’re talking blockbuster numbers here. This is bound to be a hit.
2. UM, MANDY MOORE. Yes, little miss A Walk to Remember plays Milo’s wife in the show. There just has not been enough Mandy Moore in our lives for far too long and This Is Us is going to rectify that.
3. Also the rest of the cast. This cast is staaaaaacked. Milo, Mandy, Sterling K. Brown — not even blockbuster names, but this is a quality line up. Plus, with an ensemble of characters this big, there are bound to be breakout stars. (Photo via This Is Us/Facebook)
4. The people who made it also made “Crazy, Stupid, Love.” Writer Dan Fogelman and directors John Requa and Glenn Ficarra already have our seal of approval.
5. It kind of reminds us of Parenthood. An ensemble dramedy that is centered around family and love and connections? Get us one million boxes of Kleenex, please. (Photo via This Is Us/Facebook)
6. It tells the story of people born on the same day. This is the loose thread that ties the show together, and if we are suckers for anything, it’s this “unlikely connections” device from movies like Love, Actually. JUST TAKE OUR EYEBALLS, THIS IS US!
Are you already expecting This Is Us to be your new fav show? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via This Is Us/Facebook)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)