7 Must-Steal Party DIYs from Rebecca Minkoff’s Baby Shower
When she isn’t designing her next collection of drool-worthy handbags, shoes, accessories (fashion anything, really), the style queen Rebecca Minkoff is busy preparing for her baby girl. And one way she’s pulling out all the style stops is with a lavender and literary themed baby shower that you’re going to want to copy. Think feminine floral arrangements, watercolor accents, scrumptious treats and loads of DIYs. Better take a seat for this, because this shower caused serious bouts of swooning here at Brit HQ.
1. Watercolor Invites, Guestbook and Signs: Lavender and literary accents may have been the overarching theme for Rebecca’s baby shower, but the watercolor details that showed up through the day are what tied everything together so splendidly. These pretty papers were created through a collaboration between Rebecca’s friends and Minted, but you can easily create your own version for your next party thanks to our handy DIY watercolor tutorial.
2. Colorful Welcome Banner: Fun fact: Rebecca’s two-year-old son nicknamed his baby sister “Gouda.” We get it; we love gouda, too. At the shower, this sweet tidbit was incorporated with a colorful welcome banner. Just like the other watercolor elements made for the day, this one was professionally made, but you can make your own party banner for your next shindig by investing in some paper, scissors and string. Oh, and by checking out our how-to guide.
3. Custom Candle Favors: Party favors are great, but what makes them memorable are touches of personalization. Rebecca’s party took that age-old wisdom to heart and passed out custom “labor wish” candles to the guests. You don’t even have to go into labor to copy this idea for your next celebration. Firstly, make your own homemade candles with this soy wax candle making kit from the Brit + Co shop. Then, wrap with squares of fabric, tie closed with a ribbon of your choosing, add a sweet little tag and boom! A gift your guests will love.
4. Mini Desserts: As chef Julia Child once said, “A party without cake is just a meeting.” We wholeheartedly agree, so we were tickled pink when we spotted some easy-to-replicate cake bites at Rebecca’s baby shower. These are made from cake batter, but we equally love the idea of going all out with cheesecake bites or mini Rice Krispie treats.
5. Paper Straw Flags: Paper straws are certainly not new to the party decor scene, but these grey and white striped straws were taken to the next level thanks to the addition of lavender flags. You can do the same (while simultaneously impressing your friends and family with your craft savvy) by creating a few of these little flag accents of your own.
6. Rocky Candy Treats: Another sweet goodie that caught our eye at Rebecca’s baby shower: Rocky candy. It makes for a nice alternative to traditional party desserts like cupcakes and cookies. When your next party rolls around, win the title of “hostess with the mostess” by whipping up a batch of these babies with this tutorial.
7. Fab Floral Arrangements: Finally, to create a party that rivals Rebecca’s shower, you’re gonna need lots and lots of flower arrangements. As you can see, nice pops of feminine florals are often just the trick to add a finishing touch to all your decor elements, especially when you choose blooms that have a good mixture of your main colors and soft neutrals. If you can’t splurge for intricate arrangements like these, check out this step-by-step instructional on how to put together floral designs like a pro. Or take our online class!
What’s your favorite style pick from Rebecca’s baby shower? Are you head over heels for the soft purple palette or are you obsessed with the miniature dessert station? Tell us below!