7 Recipes Reese Witherspoon Thinks You Should Make This Week
In a 73 Questions interview with Vogue, Reese Witherspoon talked about how much she loves California sun, outdoor living and, of course, Southern-fried chicken. Famous for her Southern hospitality, Reese usually hosts a pool party every weekend, and you can rest assured there is always enough sweet tea to go around. Whether you’re hosting a party or just craving comfort food, Reese has plenty of ideas on recipes she thinks should be in everyone’s arsenal.
1. Chicken Fingers: The the best thing about being a mom, according to Reese, is you get to eat fun things — like chicken fingers. Whether you have kids or just want to channel your inner child, try these Southern-style chicken fingers. They’re baked, so you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging. (via Thirsty for Tea)
2. No-Fuss Lasagna: When asked what her dream dinner guest would be, Reese said she would invite over all the female senators and discuss why there aren’t more female senators (seriously though, why aren’t there?). She also said she would serve her prestigious guests lasagna. Because even senators can appreciate a good, no-fuss lasagna. (via Cooking Classy)
3. Snow Cones: After lasagna with the senators, Reese said she would serve snow cones for dessert. This is why we love her. We’re not sure what flavor is her favorite, but we decided to be a little naughty and spike ours. (via Brit + Co)
4. Sweet Iced Tea: The beverage of choice at Reese’s pool parties is her Grandma’s iced tea recipe, which is top secret, of course. But even if Reese won’t share her secret, we’ll let you in on our favorite take — an ice tea mojito. (via Brit + Co)
5. Fried Chicken: Well, no surprise here — Reese’s favorite food of all time is classic Southern-fried chicken. This recipe is gluten-free and paleo-friendly… so we can all come over, right? (via The Primitive Palate)
6. Jalapeño Pickles: Full disclosure: Reese won’t be eating these this weekend. Apparently pickles are her least favorite food. We wonder if this homemade version would change her mind… (via The Full-Time Foodie)
7. Pepperoni Pizza: Reese keeps it simple when it comes to her favorite pizza topping. And the only thing better than pepperoni pizza is homemade pepperoni pizza. Get the whole family involved this weekend making the dough and adding all their favorite toppings with this simple recipe. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
Are you craving Southern food now? Tell us what you’re cooking this weekend in the comments below!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.