Summer might be cooling down, but pool parties are still hot! And with Labor Day still on the list of what’s coming up, BBQs and white jean-wearing aren’t the only things you have planned! If you want to be the hostess with the mostess, you need to make your celebration scream “FUN IN THE SUN,” right?! Let us help you make a serious splash at your event with these 20 pool party essentials.
1. Snow Cone Garland: How appropriate… snow cones + pool parties = a recipe for fun! (via The Sweetest Occasion)
2. Fruity Sunnies: We hope that the sun is shinning at your party! If so, you are going to need to make these easy DIY fruity shades! (via My Friend Court)
3. Beach Ball Drink Stirrers: Deck out your drinks, pool party style, with these fun beach ball drink stirrers! PS — those are ping pong balls! (via Studio DIY)
4. Waterproof Speaker ($60): What is a pool party without your favorite tunes? This waterproof speaker is Brit + Co approved!
5. Colorful Sunscreen ($7): We can’t stress enough how important sunscreen is. Make it fun and paint your accessorizing for the fun day with Zinka’s colorful version!
6. Popsicle Cocktails: Let’s call these “pop-tails!” Cool off your champs by adding a popsicle (and a cute straw, of course!) (via Hostess With the Mostess)
7. Pineapple Ice Cube Trays ($16): How can you resist? Add a splash of fun to your poolside drinks with these pineapple ice trays!
8. Ridiculously Awesome Floats: You can’t go wrong with any of these crazy cool floats. We love them so much that we wrote a whole post dedicated to them! (via Brit + Co)
9. Flash Tats ($20): No one wants to swim in their jewelry. Hand out jewelry inspired tats to make everyone feel glamorous upon entry!
10. Hot Dog Bar: Spice up your traditional pool party meal with a hot dog bar! Guests can build their own dog, just make sure that you have all of the fixin’s! (via Hostess With the Mostess)
11. Flamingo String Lights ($10): We’ve always loved the site of pink flamingos, and this retro light string would light up your pool house, picnic tables or an inside space that needs a little kitsch.
12. Triangles Towel ($30): It never fails… someone ALWAYS forgets a towel. Have a couple of these fun wraps on deck, or give them away as party favors!
13. Silicone Wine Glasses ($20): These rubber wine glasses make it easy to obey the “No Glass by the Pool” rule! Snaps for safety!
14. Pool Pong ($40): Ah, beer pong, the age-old party game. Now, you can play in a pool!
15. iPhone Super Suit ($79): You will probably want proof of how much fun your party was, so you will definitely need the iPhone Super Suit to snap underwater pictures!
16. Mojito Jello Shots: Yes, these are jello shots housed in a lime… need we say more? (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. Watermelon Cupcakes: Watermelon, the ultimate summer fruit. Go ahead and turn it into cupcakes. (via Target Recipes)
18. Floating Fridge ($65): Don’t make guests get out of the pool and romp though your house to replenish their beverage. Just use a floating fridge!
19. Noodle Garland: Noodles might be the most well-known pool accessories. Make this pool-inspired garland for your next outdoor event! (via Sugar + Cloth)
20. Glow Pool Balloons: Night pool parties are the best! Brighten up the water with these DIY floating glow balloons. (via Listotic)
Will you use any of these pool party essentials to celebrate the end of the summer? Let us know in the comments below!