12 Unusual Ways to Wear a Tie
As Father’s Day approaches, it’s hard to resist buying Dad the most classic of gifts: A brand new tie. But maybe your pops has about a million ties on his automated tie rack, or maybe he’s retired and happy with the 5 he kept after your mom went on a decluttering binge. Either way, it’s time to go for a more unconventional tie this year, one that’s been turned into a belt, one that doubles as a pillow, or maybe even one that’s been turned into a flask!
3. Camera Strap Tie ($30): Is your dad a shutterbug? Then he’ll love this hip alternative to the traditional tie, and much better looking than that black nylon strap his camera came with.
5. Flask Tie ($25): Alright, this might beat the pillow tie. Okay, it totally beats the pillow tie… not that we’re condoning drinking at the office ;)
7. Recycled Cassette Tape Skinny Tie ($90): This tie is made of recycled cassette tapes! Your 80s loving dad will definitely dig it, even if he’s not totally comfortable with the skinny tie.
9. Washboard Tie ($19): Wow. Just… wow.
10. Tie Bracelets: How cute are these? With the right print, even your favorite father could rock them. The only problem? We can’t find anywhere online to buy or DIY them :(
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)