12 Robes You Could *Totally* Wear Outside Your Bedroom
As you slip into full-on hibernation mode (winter’s not going anywhere, people!), nothing says lazy girl guide to dressing more than a comfy, oversized layer that you can live in. Besides the obvious prospects, like a chunky cardigan or hoodie, there are always alternatives to switch up the way you cover + cuddle up. Capes are a long-time fave, but this winter, it’s all about the robe. The trusty weekend layer is making a major move from the back of your bathroom door to front and center in your cold-weather wardrobe as the most unexpected way to keep you warm in a T-shirt and jeans, or even as a sub for your go-to sweater dress. From sultry, lingerie-esque statement pieces to robe-turned-overcoats in disguise, look no further for robes that you can wear IRL. ‘Cause who says you have to forfeit style for comfort? Not us.
1. Plenty by Tracy Reese Riverbank Robe Coat ($398): Be envious: This patchwork robe is just as cozy as it looks. When you’re not chilling at home in pjs, pair this hero piece with an oversized knit pullover, skinny jeans and your favorite riding boots for the ultimate off-duty look.
2. New Look Marl Dressing Gown ($26): From walking your pup at sunrise to curling up on the couch for some Netflix binge-watching, this marled robe is a sartorial game changer.
3. COS Long Blazer Dress ($135): Go ahead and add this mustard blazer dress to your capsule wardrobe for the new year. Glam it up with chandelier earrings and sleek ankle booties or rock an athleisure look by throwing some retro kicks into the mix. It’s that versatile.
4. River Island Sleeveless Robe Coat ($154): Work it. This sleeveless robe coat with a cinched waist is a mean alternative to your everyday boyfriend blazer. Style it with streamlined trousers and power pumps for the 9-to-5 grind.
5. Love+Grace Fuzzy Fleece Willa Robe ($99): Fulfill your fitness resolutions by investing in this fleece robe that will make you *want* to work out, even during the post-holiday slump. Pair with metallic joggers and a sports bra as you rack up those steps on your Fitbit.
6. Free People Bolinas Robe Dress ($128): A fancy dinner date with bae calls for an easygoing wrap dress that can be styled on the fly. Edge it up with a body chain and studded ankle booties for a boho glam look that doesn’t mess around.
7. Fleur du Mal x Playboy Smoking Jacket ($425): Be it a bachelorette party or hot date night, this silky smoking jacket is ready to come out and play. Wear it as a top over a leather-look mini with platform pumps and a sparkly minaudière clutch for a look that is definitely after-hours approved.
8. Capulet Fulton Robe Coat ($398): Combat single-digit temps in style a la this wine-colored topper that sports an oversized lapel and extra deep pockets. For your morning commute, simply slip on some OTK boots and warm up to a cup of joe.
9. Missguided Longline Tassel Satin Robe ($51): Let the pampering sesh commence with this tassel robe that will inspire you to do less. Team it up with a satin chemise (and toasty socks) for a morning spent lounging before changing into an Oxford shirt and boyfriend jeans to conquer your errands for the day.
10. Free People You Fancy Velvet Robe ($100): This ultra-luxe velvet robe is what lazy-girl dreams are made of. Besides the slouchy, oversized fit — perfect for a weekend staycation — it could easily double as a stylish shawl for a winter gala when paired alongside a sequined maxi dress and classic d’Orsay pumps.
11. Nasty Gal Lace Up Close Sheer Robe ($98): Yes, you can get away with wearing a sheer lace robe in public. For a bombshell look, slay like Beyoncé by pairing this sultry option with a barely-there slip dress and strappy heels.
12. Silence + Noise Textured Check Robe Jacket ($89): Rock a less-is-more vibe with this minimalist robe that looks best tossed over a white tee and peekaboo lace bralette. Black Chelsea boots and dainty pendant necklaces are obligatory.
Which robe would you wear IRL? Follow us on Pinterest for more #lazygirl style inspo.