12 Romantic Maxi Dresses That Will Breeze Through Fall
If you’re missing a little romance in your wardrobe, take a look at your dress collection. Now’s the time to invest in a breezy, light maxi dress that will transition you into the fall temps. A feminine, romantic dress that is stylish, effortless, and seasonless is exactly what your closet needs. Plus, who doesn’t love feeling like they’re Elizabeth Bennett in Pride & Prejudice? Imagine yourself twirling in a field of flowers while wearing one of these beauties.
1. & Other Stories Eyelet Midi Dress ($125): The first thing we think of when we think “romantic maxi dress” has to be clean, white cotton paired with eyelet lace. Slip on this easygoing number and hit up the farmers’ market, you delicate flower, you.
2. Free People Is There Love On Mars Maxi Dress ($420): Would David Bowie approve of this frock? We think so. With a name inspired by one of Bowie’s best songs and an early ’70s vibe, you’re guaranteed to look like a classic rock star.
3. Milumia Women’s Off The Shoulder Layered Ruffle Maxi Dress ($23+): Go ahead, show off those sultry shoulders. Pick your favorite color for this beautiful (and affordable) ruffled frock.
4. Kachel Sedona Sunrise Maxi Dress ($268): It’s a little bit floral, a little bit fierce. This maxi is a great example of pattern mixing. Be prepared to receive compliments.
5. Modcloth Effortless Reputation Faux Wrap Dress ($99): Effortless is the name of the game when it comes to picking out the best maxi dress. Hey, you can’t frolic in something stiff or heavy, right?
6. Lulu’s Loveliest Of All White Floral Print Lace-Up Maxi Dress ($69): Who is the loveliest of all? Obviously, it’s you. And you’ll look especially fab in this lace-up dress that’s great for fluttering in those light, airy breezes.
7. Yumi Kim Hudson Floral Dress ($268): You can’t go wrong with flounces and florals. This stunning frock is good for gallivanting around town, and it would make a first-rate wedding guest dress.
8. UO Sparks Fly Tiered Midi Dress ($79): Whoa, prepare for the heat if you wear a broomstick-style maxi on a first date. A full skirt and backless design is a surefire hit whether you’re out for drinks or strolling through the park with your boo.
9. Ferrendo Womens Button Up Split Floral Print Maxi Dress ($21+): Channel a ’90s leading lady with this relaxed and carefree maxi. Pair it with some combat boots for that “pretty with an edge” grunge look when the weather turns chilly.
10. Fillyboo Tambourine Maxi Dress ($420): You know you’re a bohemian at heart, so whirl around in this full, billowy skirt whenever you’re feeling those hippie vibes. Tambourine optional.
11. Lulu’s Lilja Cream Floral Print Maxi Dress ($86): Whimsical florals and a princess-seamed bodice make this dress the ideal choice for frolicking in a field with the one you love.
12. Modcloth Wholehearted Whim Floral Maxi Dress ($69): Romantic florals can be tropical too! This silky maxi will make the ultimate vacation dress, especially if you plan on exploring an exotic island.
Do you have any recs for gorgeous maxi dresses? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.