12 Straight-from-the-Runway Hairstyles to Try in 2017
There comes a time in every It girl’s life where her tresses start to lose their luster and the meh factor takes over. Your haircare routine is #onfleek (duh), but your ‘do could use a little more oomph. As much as we love ’em, long layers, lobs and topknots get boring after a while. Luckily, we have the solution — 12 of them, to be exact. While our signature move is to look to celeb hairstylists when our locks need some love, we’ve decided to switch gears and gather inspo from a serious style source — the runway. Best believe that our findings — some of Spring/Summer 2017’s biggest trends — are straight-up stunning.
1. Accessorize: Tibi knows that when you’ve got a good thing going, it’s best not to mess with it. With that in mind, look to elevated and unexpected accessories to take a tried-and-true hairstyle to the next level. If a belt isn’t your thing, opt for a sleek, oversized barrette or a bright scarf. (Photo via Gamma-Rapho/Getty)
2. Best Messy: Let your inner lazy girl run wild a la Adam Selman with a messy AF ‘do that comes together in two seconds flat. We love the idea of dressing it up with a sleek suit and menswear-inspired kicks for the office or a slinky slip dress and statement faux fur coat for a wild night out on the town. (Photo via Gamma-Rapho/Getty)
3. Badass Buns: Ballerina buns have never really captured your attention — until now. Done in the style of Christian Dior with cornrow-esque braids in the back, the dancer-like ‘do is guaranteed to score you a few extra style points with your crew. DO pair with edgy accessories like a leather jacket and aviators to send those tough-girl vibes into overdrive. (Photo via Thierry Orban/Getty)
4. Severely Parted: If it’s good enough for Victoria Beckham, it’s good enough for us. This no-fuss look fares well with a variety of hair types and straight-up slays whether you rock it with big volume or slicked back and straight. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
5. Wrapped Up: Alice + Olivia’s Spring/Summer ’17 presentation was serious hair #goals. While fishtail braids had our hearts a flutter, it was this elegantly undone style that us swooning hard. Choose a colorful, printed bandana for maximum impact and pull pieces out to achieve a romantic, free-wheelin’ vibe. We’re bookmarking this one for Saturday morning chillin’ and escapes to balmy locales. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
6. Slicked Back and Shimmery: Clearly, clothing isn’t the only thing Marchesa knows about. Instead of your go-to updo for an upcoming gala or winter wedding, consider adding this seriously sleek style to your lineup. The streamlined aesthetic is undeniably modern, but the addition of an embellished comb or headpiece will usher the look into fancifully fabulous territory. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
7. Anything-but-Boring Barrettes: Custo Barcelona proved that barrettes are where it’s at with this futuristic ‘do that toed the line between classic and cutting edge. Keep things sleek with streamlined accessories and slick, straight locks. Worried that the look will come off as severe? Stick with your hair’s natural texture to soften the aesthetic. (Photo via Rob Kim/Getty)
8. Twisted: You don’t have to venture entirely outside your comfort zone to test drive a new look. Take style cues from Supima and twist one section of hair around a low ponytail to create a runway-ready look that is more than worthy of your #OOTD. (Photo via Desiree Navarro/WireImage)
9. Dressed-Up Half-Up‘Do: Jazz up a half-up style like stylist Orland Pita did at Charles Youssef by curling the bottom section of hair, then dividing the top layer into three sections, which he then twisted into three petite chignons. Stunning. (Photo via Arun Nevader/Getty)
10. Folded Up and Ready to Go: This Creatures of Comfort look is crazy easy to recreate. Pull hair back into a low ponytail, loosely braid and secure. Fold the braid up, then wrap the ends around the base. It’s really that simple. (Photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
11. Au Naturel: Natural texture served as a counterpoint to the sleek, futuristic styles sent down the catwalk at Marchesa. Consider this your cue to put that straightener on the back burner. For an extra ethereal look, adorn your tresses with a shimmery clip or hairpins. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
12. Beach Babe 2.0: No time to dry your hair? No problemo. Altuzarra proved at his Spring/Summer ’17 show that wet ‘n’ wild locks are just as wow-worthy as voluminous curls. The key to pulling it off? Lots of texture and a good hair shine spray. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!