14 Adventurous Recipes for the Sagittarius in Your Life
It’s Sagittarius season, and you know what that means: It’s time for the ever-wandering, travel-loving, adrenaline-chasing Sagittarians in our lives to celebrate their special time of the year. Sagges are known for their love of the exotic and the adventurous, which is why they’re often swooping off to other parts of the globe to get their travel fix (and enjoy some curry recipes while they’re at it). Classic recipes won’t do it for these Archers. Their physicality is important to them too, so they’ll be drawn to healthy, fresh ingredients with lots of exotic appeal and spicy flavors. Here are 14 recipes to serve your favorite Sagittarius at her (or his) birthday bash.
1. Brazilian Braised Pork in Passion Fruit, Orange and Guajillo Peppers: Paleo-friendly AND exotic? This dish has Sagittarius written all over it. You’ll need to set aside about four hours for braising, but this delicious dish is TOTALLY worth it. (via Kevin Is Cooking)
2. Thai Red Curry Recipe With Vegetables: Like we said, Sagges *love* themselves some curry, and this veg-friendly recipe will be right up their alley. It’s richly flavored with coconut oil, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, kale and an array of spices for ultimate flavor. (via Cookie and Kate)
3. Spicy Indonesian Street Cart Noodles With Vegan Chicken: This vegan recipe will drum up the sights and sounds of walking through a crowded Indonesian street market — just the kind of thing a Sagittarius loves. You can use whatever noodle you choose here, but we recommend keeping it authentic and going with some kind of rice or egg noodle. (via Delightful-Delicious-Delovely)
4. Berebere Chicken With Ethiopian Lentils: Berebere is an authentic Ethiopian spice mix that will warm you to your toes and add a TON of flavor to your dishes. This particular recipe calls for rubbing it on chicken and serving over healthy spiced lentils. (via Feasting at Home)
5. Banh Mi Pizza: Nothing pleases the ever-changing tastes of the Sagittarius like fusion food. This AMAZING pizza isn’t topped with tomato sauce and pepperoni (that would be *far* too traditional). Instead, it showcases the ingredients of a Banh Mi sammie — that is, pickled veggies, fried egg, pork and spicy sauce. (via Half Baked Harvest)
6. Moussaka: Just because Sagges generally like to eat healthily doesn’t mean they’re unwilling to splurge on some comfort food. Just don’t make it boring. This lamb-and-eggplant Greek moussaka recipe is exotic comfort food at its finest. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
7. Ethiopian Black Eyed Pea Dip: This Ethiopian recipe also makes use of berbere spice. Black eyed peas and chickpeas constitute the dip, while lemon, hemp oil and coconut milk (as well as the spices) add tons of flavor. (via Chronicles of Passion)
8. Jamaican Oxtail Stew: Oxtail is a delicious cut of meat that becomes SUPER tender after about two to three hours of braising. In this recipe, it’s accompanied by butter beans and a plethora of spices for a warm, hearty, healthy and unique taste that a Sagittarian will love. (via African Bites)
9. Korean Bulgogi and Kimchi Nachos: Yes, you read that right: These nachos are topped with kimchi! These Korean-Mexican bites are *so* good, you won’t want to stop eating them. Pro tip: Top with sour cream (or, for a healthier alternative, Greek yogurt) for added flavor. (via Closet Cooking)
10. Fresh Dungeness Crab With Three Dipping Sauces: Sagges crave freedom and change, so giving them THREE different sauce options will be much appreciated. This delectable crab recipe can be accompanied by curry mustard, avocado wasabi or garlic butter. Or, if we know Sagittarius, some of each. (via La Crema)
11. African Chicken and Peanut Stew: This warm, hearty stew is slightly spicy and, lucky for us, very peanut-y. Serve it with rice, or skip the grains altogether for a lower-carb meal. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
12. Bobotie: Bobotie is a traditional (and super yummy) South African meat dish. It’s basically a meat pie topped with curry sauce — and we don’t know about you, but that concept sounds pretty darn AMAZING. Bonus points for serving rice and mashed pumpkin on the side. (via Anina’s Recipes)
13. Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice: This Hawaiian rice creation is light, fresh and healthy… not to mention *popping* with bright, sweet flavor. Serve it with chicken or fish to take a metaphysical trip to a sunny beach with your favorite Sagittarius. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
14. Hawaiian Ahi Poke: Speaking of Hawaiian eats, this ahi tuna bowl is light, healthy and totally delicious. Pro tip you won’t want to skip: Be sure to buy sushi-grade tuna if you’re planning to eat raw fish. (via Contemplating Sweets)
Not a Sagittarius? We still have plenty of recipes you’ll love on our Pinterest page!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)